Celtic Tuning- not offering stg 2 map-claim its not needed!

akash_sky1

Reaction score
Hi got a generic celtic tuning remap on my car, as didn't want to spend 600 odd on a REVO at the time. In hindsight i regret this as I could have got a select switch for free and £50 for stage 2!
At the time didn't think I was going to mod more...stupid asumption!

Since I got that map, ive fitted the MV sport DP & sport cat, and Neuspeed P-Flo, which will be heat wrapped soon.
The cars running better and faster since those last 2 mods, but needs a stage 2 to fully take advantage.
When i changed my Diverter Valve to version D, the car was actually faster then it is now! It was actually overboosting by some way and must have been pushing atleast 20bhp extra before going into limp mode.This was fixed by a new N75 valve, but car became a bit slower again :-(

So I kno the KO3 is capable of a bit more and want a stage 2 map in the next few months.
I e-mailed celtic tuning, who also can offer a Bluefin style hand held unit, with 3 maps.
So therefore you would assume they do more then just the standard stage 1 map and economy map.
When I e-mailed them and told them of my further mods, one of their guys simply said ,
'' Nothing you have installed on the vehicle will require software modification''.
So either their magic maps already take this into account , or as I think more likely are not able to offer anything else but don't want to admit it.

Think i might try Statler in Sheffield next time I go home, for a GIAC.

just fyi theres 2 giac selecct switches for grabs oveer on vagoc.co.uk in the for sale area it would save you some money on your giac remap

has anyone experiences of a HPFP and the GIAC hammer on a non s3 2.0T ? should be able to get 275 bhp and 300lb ft torque with all the mods apparently

Whats yours running mate on the map you have any ideas? i would have thought with exhaust and intake you would be getting around 250-265bhp so whats point for another 10bhp?,agreed though steve and craig are top blokes who will tell you if its worth spending your money or not,what you reckon of the nuespeed intake?

Regardless of the extra bhp the hpfp smooth's out all the hessitation and flat spots in any of the maps that people use!

I would recomend it to anybody no matter what level of tune your car is.

Gaz

Whats yours running mate on the map you have any ideas? i would have thought with exhaust and intake you would be getting around 250-265bhp so whats point for another 10bhp?,agreed though steve and craig are top blokes who will tell you if its worth spending your money or not,what you reckon of the nuespeed intake?

yeh on a cool day you could easily say up to 260,265 at a push, and torque 275-280ish maybe, (although APR and GIAC claim 300lb ft for a stage with these mods)
I think I would like the GIAC hammer so I can really take advantage of the better breathing which im not sure my map atm is, and the standard HPFP on the 200ps struggles at that high power so its better for linear smooth power and top end. They also have a specific map for HPFPs on this engine.

Regarding the Neuspeed is a great match for the KO3 really makes a difference about 5000rpm especially where it used to go abit flat it pulls much better to the redline, well worth the money.
If you had an S3 though and wanted over 350brake a larger 3inch + would be better.

Last edited:
To be honest mate this was the first time i have heard about the standard fuel pump struggling to supply on one of these,i know the S3's started to suffered when the map was ramped up but to be honest never noticed a problem with mine which is running the GIAC map but i will have a word with Steve and Craig at statller now,if you are planning to go down there anytime mate drop me a pm so can have a look at your MV exhuast i would have loved one when group by was on but didnt have the cash,i have told statller it might be worth them giving MV a try on any other cars they do reading the reviews on here,are you happy with it ? worth the near enough £900ish spent?

To be honest mate this was the first time i have heard about the standard fuel pump struggling to supply on one of these,i know the S3's started to suffered when the map was ramped up but to be honest never noticed a problem with mine which is running the GIAC map but i will have a word with Steve and Craig at statller now,if you are planning to go down there anytime mate drop me a pm so can have a look at your MV exhuast i would have loved one when group by was on but didnt have the cash,i have told statller it might be worth them giving MV a try on any other cars they do reading the reviews on here,are you happy with it ? worth the near enough £900ish spent?
Hi I will give you a pm when I do make the trip but that'll be a little while from now.

i've spoke to Jim at star and he basically said with a more aggressive map to take my mods into account you really need an uprated HPFP to supply steady linear fuel in the mid range and above when pushing it, without getting stutters and flatspots. GIAC offer different maps for 2.0TFSIs that have an uprated HPFP and ones that don't and recommend you do it if its being mapped.
Awesome GTI also offer them as a common uprgrade for our engine too and many across the pond do this mod.
The newer chain driven 2.0TSI's HPFP has been upgraded to a level similar to an autotech/APR one as VAG identified it as a weak point.
I'll do some more research into the gains and improvments it will achieve and see how it big they are.
As for the MV mines just the downpipe and cat as that's the bit that really matters, not the full system, but already had a votex rear box on. If you look at a standard DP on either S3 or 2.0TFSI its extremely constricting, with narrow oval DP, and two narrow forks diverging after the big cat. Mine was £425 and esp with the intake makes a hughe difference, in the mid-range to the top end between them, and the sound is transformed. On a stage 1 remap you could expect an extra 15 horse/20 lb ft easily.

PM'd you man, going down tommorow. Wouldn't mind a ride in your to see what its like compared to mine with celtic map on before I change it.