CD track info onto RNS-E screen - Done!

Issac Hunt

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
After messing about with all sorts of ipod adapters, FM transmitters etc I got sick of either crap sound quality or very poor control and functionality. Not to mention the total lack of track information on the screen!

Just invested in a 320GB HDD media player. This allows full on screen display and all control is done through the RNS-E buttons. It seems to play almost every audio format I can think of along with most video formats, including DivX.

At the moment its just in the glovebox but this will relocate into the boot when I strip out the interior for a proper stereo install.

mp1.jpg
mp3.jpg

Sounds good how much and where from...Iv been thinking of doing somthing like this but wasnt sure what to go for

How are you getting the RNS-E to control the media unit ? Are you using a USB module instead of the changer input ?

Nicely done isaac, now maybe you can help me sniff out these trigger wires, I need a pulse for lock/unlock, any ideas as the wires in door wont do, tried hazard lights wont do, there is a KL30 relay I think I can use as its triggered when locking/unlocking but problem is it leaves a constant power on the circuit which I am reluctant to use as it would just keep sending power done the circuits so folding mirrors would just keep trying to fold all the time one way or the other, which after time think would burn out, ideas please? Thought about boot lock, also ultrasonics from alarm as they both trigger on locking system, urrrm

How are you getting the RNS-E to control the media unit ? Are you using a USB module instead of the changer input ?

The Kuaftec media adapter has a control line which connects to the Media player. Once the Kufatec adapter is programmed to the correct device, Bob is your Dad's brother!

Isaac,

Sounds interesting but I can't find Kuaftec or Kauftec on the net anywhere?

Chris

Issac, can you tell me which acutal interface you are using and what media player are you using, or are you just using one of these generic 'media' hard drives that can be uploaded by USB and then have a audio and compositive video output then the USB plugs in for the control line ?

Andy

The media player is a Rapsody RSH-110. The media adapter is the Kufatec IMA+.