CD scratch repair kit

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone used one of these kits that seems to repair the scratches so readable, if so what was the outcome & does it just fill in the scratches somehow with a quick curing liquid?

Thanks.

N

Ah ok, so what do they actually do, just skim the coating or put a new film on them?

Thanks

Polishes it mate, I also have a kit with a lint cloth and solution, and that works better, takes thumb prints/beer/etc off a treat.
If it skips then it will fix it, but if its seriously scratched, bin it and buy another.

Ah actually I have an ipod scratch removal kit, I'll test that on a cheap disc 1st see if it scratches or polishes, but thanks for info I'll look on the bay if thats doesnt work.

Its only a spare 07 nav disc I had, my 08 one works fine, just be shame to bin something of value huh.

i've not seen any for a while but you used to be able to get a crystal cleaner for cd's that got rid of pretty much all scratches.

lol wicked, thats so true thinking about it, very very fine compound, why didnt I think of that, report back shortly.

Now do I use normal or whitening for that better shine, lol

You can also use products such as T-cut and a bit of time. I've used the rotary kind and have found that they can also add scratches in a pattern following the travel of the pad - annoying.

The best I have come across is the machine in many Gamestation shops. the discs are like new and it only costs £1. i don't abuse my discs but I have taken my sons Xbox360 discs in for repair.