CD player problem with navigation plus system...

stevieboy1979

Reaction score
Hi, got a 2007 Audi TT yesterday. It has the navigation plus, the screen tilts then a single slot for a CD behind that. When I try to put a CD in it won't go in, but also nothing comes out when press eject. The on screen menu says all 7 CD slots are empty. I have read that that slot is for the navigation CD only and there should be a separate CD multi-changer in glove box? But I don't have one! However I do have what appears to bean Ipod docking station in the rear of centre console, behind the handbrake - I have read that the options were either that or the CD changer but not both. But then why does menu show the 7 CD slots!? Totally confused, cannot believe a car of this quality does not have a normal usable CD player? Can anyone help or confirm what I have said please :)

Hi, got a 2007 Audi TT yesterday. It has the navigation plus, the screen tilts then a single slot for a CD behind that. When I try to put a CD in it won't go in, but also nothing comes out when press eject. The on screen menu says all 7 CD slots are empty. I have read that that slot is for the navigation CD only and there should be a separate CD multi-changer in glove box? But I don't have one! However I do have what appears to bean Ipod docking station in the rear of centre console, behind the handbrake - I have read that the options were either that or the CD changer but not both. But then why does menu show the 7 CD slots!? Totally confused, cannot believe a car of this quality does not have a normal usable CD player? Can anyone help or confirm what I have said please :)

I have a 2013 TT that has the navigation system with the DVD slot behind the screen as you do, but no multi-CD changer. When I got the car, I couldn't insert a CD or get the navigation DVD to pop out. It turned out that the DVD slot had been electronically "locked" by the dealership. I guess they use that feature to stop DVDs from disappearing. If that's your issue, you should be able to get a dealer to unlock it for you, or perhaps it can be done with one of those code readers if you have access to one. As far as the CD changer goes, I believe the two possible locations are in the glove box or in the back seat in a little compartment under the window. Apparently, there are two compartments: on one side is the CD changer and on the other side is the first aid kit, but I'm note sure whether CD is on the driver's side or passenger side.

cheers, had read a similar thing about it being locked. but am surprised if that is what is happening here as I just bought a car that is 10 years old, can't believe nobody who has owned it ever got this sorted out!

I did wonder about that as I was hovering over the "Post Reply" button. With having the CD changer, perhaps the previous owner(s) never even considered removing the navigation DVD and didn't discover it being locked (if that is indeed the case).

Good possible theory except I cannot find a CD changer anywhere... in the glove box there seems to be a plastic cover type thing, and I can see a gap with some kind of electrical plug connection, so suspect it is meant to be there, if it had one at all.

Did you try looking in the back seat? There should be a flap on the back seat armrest under the window. I'll try and get a photo for you.