1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD player covered by warranty ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Amchlolor, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

My car's almost 2 years old.
    The CD player (single play,no idea if 'chorus' or whatever) is becoming pickier than Victoria Beckham at a buffet.
    Unless the CD's are unmarked,it skips all over the place.
    Also skips over bumps now which,with S-line suspension,is quite often !

Would this be covered by the warranty,or classed as 'wear and tear' ????

2. wilko

wilko Top Gear

Probably wear and tear I'd imagine. Be interesting to see if you could get a replacement under warranty.

3. dkelly

dkelly Member

Why would it be wear and tear? Whats there to be worn or torn? Its either working properly or not.

I have just had a replacement single CD under warranty and i am the third owner of a 04 plate car. So i cannot see any reason why not. Mine made a vibrating noise on shut down. I say go for it

4. southpaw66

southpaw66 Member

I would think(hope) it's covered.

Have you tried a lens cleaner cd?

5. cdb2

cdb2 Member

Worth a try Bowfer, see what they say.

If it has had it and needs replacing and they won't pay, I know Audi do reconditioned units as I've seen them in an accessories brochure for a fraction of the cost of a new one.

Perhaps even if they don't give you a new one, they could meet you half way.

6. madvw

madvw Active Member

tbh, if it wasn't coverd, i'd shove it up the managers arse.

Pretty sure that the original manufacturers warranty is 60k / 3 years "all component" cover.

7. dkelly

dkelly Member

Good point, well made.

8. steve184

steve184 Active Member

pretty sure this will be covered under warranty don't see why not - as a monkey in a dealership won't see it as wear and tear simply a fault.

However, on the other hand wear and tear is possible in a cd player as there are motors and intricate worm gears in them which are bound to wear over time. But two years isn't really acceptable and more than likely a 'fault' in this case i think.

9. alanjonesbath

alanjonesbath VAGOwners.co.uk

I suppose it depends whats wrong with it. If its just the lens that dirty, then I guess it will be considered wear and tear, and just needs cleaning by you. If its actually a fault with the lens or something like that, then I'd be expecting the dealer to fix it.

10. roadrunner

roadrunner Member

Well it toatally depends what sort of music you've been playing on it. :)

Had a problem with mine at 2 years old but listen more to the radio than CD's so left it almost 6 months till it went in for a service and they changed it without hesitation.

11. Wolfsburger

Wolfsburger Member

I had a CD player replaced under warranty in my old S3. It was over a year old and would skip badly some days and be perfect others.

I told the service manager at Wolverhampton Audi (sadly now part of some big group who only care about figures) and he replaced it the next week.

12. ahaydock

ahaydock Member

I have had two CD players replaced under warranty (my TT and A3) - no problems!