CD Multichanger Help - Pinouts needed

ian072

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm new to this forum stuff and unless I've just missed it I cant find a previous post with reference to the pinouts on a glovebox cd multichanger? I have just bought a glovebox changer for my 03 A4 Avant, the changer model is CX-CA1090L (8E0 035 111), the car does not have any pre-wired loom behind the glovebox so I purchased a loom from my Audi dealer (part No 8E0 051 592). The loom has been correctly wired into my concert (single cd) Head Unit according to the Audi fitting instructions but every time I connect the loom to the changer it blows the 7.5a fuse on the rear of the Head Unit! I dont think the changer is damaged, but would like to confirm the wiring before I send the changer off for testing. Any help much appreciated.

don't know if this is the correct changer:
AudiCDchangerpinouts.jpg

Hi, no wrong changer, mine is the glovebox fitment, 12pin rectangular connector but only 10 pins used. Looked everywhere even on the 'Matsushita communication' website which did'nt help as I dont read German!

I still cant find anything on this, dealer not very helpfull either because its retro fitted! Has anyone done this fitment before? cd changer (CX-CA1090L 8E0 035 111) to Audi Concert (think its the concert2) single cd head unit, using audi loom (8E0 051 592). Any info on the pin outs of the changer etc welcome, desperate to get this working, already modded the glovebox ready for fitment!!