1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD jammed error 1

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MingeBlue, Feb 21, 2010.

1. MingeBlue

MingeBlue Member

[Feb 21, 2010]
    Hi, everytime I try toplay a CD in car its come back with an 'error 1', it sounds like it trying to load the disk but cant and is jammed I cant get any of the CDs out. Ive googled the problem and it seems quite common but I cant see much on fixing it, anyone else had the same problem and managed to fix it was it an effort, I assume I will need to pull the unit out from the dash ? Or does anyone know any place that can fix it around London ? I willing to have ago at it myself but I dont want to end up making things worse then they are
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. djb83

djb83 redline responsibly

[Feb 21, 2010]
    i've got a simalar problem somtimes when i turn the lights on it turns the cd off and comes up no cd think i'll get a new stero or i've got a wiring problem lol
  4. The Doctor

The Doctor Well-Known Member

[Feb 21, 2010]
    I have the same problem. It's like a clicking noise, right? Sometimes it gets over it & plays the CD fine, other times it goes back to the start again. Pain in the arse, but not aware of any fix for it apart from replacing the head unit unfortunately.