cd changers and rns d

SteveS

S6 avant
Reaction score
got a problem with a panasonic changer ive fitted to my 2000 s6 with rns d, ive had 2 audi changers pack up so got this panasonic one from a mk4 golf. it all works perfect until i take keys out, lock car ect then when i get back in it says NO CD on all 6 discs until i open boot, eject the cartridge and insert it again. it all then works until i take keys out or switch the unit off for more than a few secs. any ideas anyone? its driving me mad:(

The Audi changers are made by Panasonic (as are the HU's) so a Panasonic changer is exactly the same poor build quality. Presumably it has an adapter of some sort as it uses a different plug? Can you eject the cartridge without turning on the HU or ignition? It should be live all the time, so maybe it's losing power when you take the keys out and then can't reset without ejecting the cartridge?

the lead that came with changer has the squareish plug on it that fits straight into the back of HU in origional socket (the one thats got 3 parts to it, cd/dis/pre amp) that plug is the same on a golf HU as on the audi. the changer is permanently live even with keys out / HU off. its as tho it loses its last memory position with the changer once the car goes to sleep mode. have tried disconecting battery too just to reset /sinc HU and changer after fitting the changer. the origional audi changer didnt have this problem it just jumped and skipped like dirty discs.

Yeah they all do that over time, just needs a good lens clean usually. No idea on the other problem, sorry