1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Changer

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Callum, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Callum

Callum New Member

I've just bought a cd changer for my `97 A4 Avant, I've hooked it up to the lead in the boot, but it seems to have no power supply, the cassett wont eject and when I press the mode button on the head unit I get no response at all, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it working. By the way my head unit is an audi concert, the cd changer also came with it's original concert head unit.
  2. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!

pull the headunit out using two removal keys and check the cd changer lead is connected up to the hu.
  3. Callum

Callum New Member

Any idea where I can get some keys for removal?
  4. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Halfrauds !!
    I had same problem on mine iirc there's a yellow or blue square plug for the cd changer that plugs in one of the top connections on the concert unit.
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Chances are the previous owner disconnected it at the HU to fit an iPOD adapter and didn't reconnect. It's the blue mini ISO plug and slides onto the green/yellow plugs that should already be plugged in to the top plug on the HU. Worst case could be that they didn't plug it back in as they have butchered it, but hopefully not. Just be careful when removing the HU, do NOT pull on the release keys to get it out as this can damage the spring clips, remove the glovebox and push it out from the back with the release keys engaged (angled sides facing inwards).
  6. Callum

Callum New Member

I nip over to halfrauds at lunch, and give it a go tonight, I'll let you all know how I get on. Thanks for the suggestions.
  7. Callum

Callum New Member

I got some keys, had to get them off ebay as halfords had to order them in, only cost £1.80 for 4 keys, anyway, I got the head unit out last night and an adapter has been put in where the cd changer should connect, but I can't find the cd changer cable to swap them back, any ideas on the route it takes through an avant?
    When I was done, I couldn't get the keys out so I'm driving around with a stereo just asking to be nicked. Anyone know how to get these out so my stereo will be secure again?
  8. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It will be there, probably tucked down underneath the HU, unless they hace chopped it off to allow the adapter to be connected. Pictures would be helpful. To get the keys out you just press in the spring clips by hand once the HU is out.
  9. Callum

Callum New Member

Thanks, I'll upload some pics when I get home tonight.