1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Changer problem - can you help?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Djharman, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Djharman

Djharman New Member

I recently bought my 2001 A3 but had no cd changer in - just the head unit!

I took it to Audi and bought the appropriate wiring loom and harness and bought a cd changer from ebay. I installed the wiring loom from the head unit to the boot - just above the sub for the changer.

I followed the instructions for wiring the loom into the head unit, but was left with a pinky/violet wire that wasnt in the instructions so i left it out and connected the other end to the changer and tested it

It recognised there was a cd in the changer but would not play it, just stayed on "TR01" on the display, which i guess means track one. there was no sound so i tried all the other slots on the cartridge - still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? i dont wanna take it to a garage or back to audi as they will charge £75 per hour!

Could it be a dodgey changer (which im assured was in working order) or that pinky wire that is left out?

Cheers

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Shouldn't be any wires left out, all 8 slots in the CD bus connector should be occupied.

4. Djharman

Djharman New Member

Any idea where the last wire goes? cuz its not on the diagram from audi? cheers Andy

5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well by a process of elimination surely it can only go in the only slot left!