1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Changer or HU problem?

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Nessy, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

Having read all the woes surrounding the Concert 1,it seemed too good to be true that my own stereo and (factory) CD changer were working fine.....
    I now find that the stereo is playing up but am not too sure if the changer or HU is at fault.....
    Apart from a little trouble with the volume when first switched on in the morning the HU appears to be OK.
    The problem appears occasionally as "CDERR" on the display.
    This can be overcome (sometimes) by switching off the stereo and back on again.
    If this doesn't work then opening up the changer, ejecting the magazine and re-loading fixes it.
    Yesterday it did something new, whilst driving along playing a CD the sound went and "NO CD" appeared on the display.It only went away on ejecting the magazine and re-loading.
    Furthermore, I find that the CD player is very temperamental over bumps etc, it jumps and skips when travelling over the slightest imperfections; the Sony changer that I had in my old 80 Avant never missed a beat, even over the roughest of roads...
    Is it likely that the changer is kippered?
    Have been looking at installing Phatnoise but want to make sure that it is the changer thats at fault and not the Concert!

Cheers,

Paul

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  2. Anito

Anito Member

I don't know if this will help but I tired of all the problems I was having, pulled the HU and autochanger out and replaced them with Clarion equipment.

Fixed the problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
  3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I would bet money on the changer being the culprit mate, Phatnoise here you come......!!! LOL