CD Autochanger for Concert II

a900ss

Reaction score
Website
www.ducatisportingclub.co.uk
Hi, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

I will be picking up my new Audi A4 1.8T Ltd Edition shortly and I wish to add an aftermarket CD autochanger to the standard Concert II HU.

My question is, where will the Autochanger go? Audi's 2004 brochures indicate that the autochanger goes in the glove box but I have been told that all the connections for an autochnager are also hidden in the boot. Ideally, i would like the changer to go in the boot but only if the connections are there. If they are, where are they?

Also, any recomendations on autochanger units will be appreciated?

Please note, it is a company car, so changing the HU is not an option. It has to be kept standard, with any additions being easily removed.

Many Thanks

a900ss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I have a friend who has a Syphony II Radio / Cassette / 6 CD front loader to a new A4. It looks brand new and comes with the code.
Drop me a line if your interested.

Hi,

I have installed an aftermarket cd changer in my A4 1998. I located it in the boot as there was a pre installed bus lead behind the left hand side boot trim.

The brand I used was the Panasonic 6 disk changer purchased from incardiscount.co.uk for approx. £140 about 1 year ago.

I was lucky with mine as it came with the interface adapter that changes it from the Din connector to the correct Panasonic plug.

You could also try searching on e-bay as people often sell changers for the A4.

Hope this helps,
Jim