Cawsey's Track Toy

I love the look of your car mate. What headlights are yours?
Ive recently stripped mine. They sound awesome empty!! Feels odd at first though. Wish i done mine years ago.

I love the look of your car mate. What headlights are yours?
Ive recently stripped mine. They sound awesome empty!! Feels odd at first though. Wish i done mine years ago.

Here's the head lights mate, all though i think i bought mine from an other site but was a long time ago.

AUDI A3 BLACK TWIN ANGEL EYES HEADLIGHTS | eBay

I couldn't believe the difference from stripping it, it completely changed the feeling of the car. and like you say, sounds awesome :)

Its completely different. No waiting for power now just always there. Thanks for link. They really suit the car.
So you tracking it out there?

Yea very slowly as i don't have much free time anymore, I'm going to take the engine out at some point as one of the bolts that hold the crank up has snapped off. so it will either be rebuilt with forged rods or go all out on a 2.0l stroker still not quite decided yet. untill then im just going to tinker around doing all the cheaper mods etc

Nice to see you still track prepping it over there mate, I'm rebuilding mine now with forged rods then off to badger 5 for mapping. loving the seats, do you have any idea of how much weight you have shed yet?

Nice to see you still track prepping it over there mate, I'm rebuilding mine now with forged rods then off to badger 5 for mapping. loving the seats, do you have any idea of how much weight you have shed yet?

Forged rods hay, does that mean your thinking of upgrading the turbo :) or you just fitting them to stay on the safe side?.
I still haven't an idea how much weight I've lost will find out at some point.

Just got back from the garage, been tinkering around with the s3 all day and thought id share a couple videos of the exhaust sound with the straight through rear section.

Last edited by a moderator:
10152658_10153999380540331_4799876_n.jpg

1975239_10153999379535331_1262917555_n.jpg

1003371_10153999153925331_1943620240_n.jpg

Reactions: Nick_sheep
Nice Toy i have one too.

You could do a lot of great things with carbon and win some money with that ability.
Carbon is a heat isolator too.

Reactions: Danny Cawsey
Yea i think it should be fine, it still has the resonated miltek center section fitted, so its not over the top loud.

Forged rods hay, does that mean your thinking of upgrading the turbo :) or you just fitting them to stay on the safe side?.
I still haven't an idea how much weight I've lost will find out at some point.

Yeah, IE ones from bill. At the moment I'm going for a top spec stage 2 build but with the rods in there it will future proof it incase i do go bt and manifold at a later date. The videos look good. Keep up the good work.

Did you get that wheel fitted?
Also you have any fly by vids?

Small update, i started wiring up the ignition switch and push start button today. I'm not very clever when it comes to electrics but i had a good go anyway. after connecting wires from one to another i managed to work out roughly what goes where etc with temporary crappy cables and connectors but with out the relay box thing :/ can someone point me in the right direction as to how i connect it up properly. maybe a small sketch?
Once I've got it all sorted I'm going to buy some decent cable and good quality safe connectors as i definitely don't want it failing at high speed and loosing power steering and brakes etc.
Here's a pic of the relay box and the wiring for the switches.
DSC 0315
DSC 0285
DSC 0282

I've also bought a tacho meter with shift light, its wired into power but i havn't connected the green cable for the revs which has to go to the ignition some where. wheres the best place to connect this? is here somewhere in the cabin rather then running it to the engine bay?

And here's a small video of it all

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Adam P
Managed to finally weigh the car the other weekend. 1273kg pretty happy with that :) and there's still more to be lost.
And here are couple more pics after finishing off the tachometer and ignition start switches.
I've also fitted the omp steering wheel just didn't have time to get any photos.
Inside
Seats
DSC 0374

Reactions: Adam P
This may sound stupid but it looks like it would weigh less lol
Really glad u posted. Ive stripped mine out nearlyas much as yours so good to know where your at.
How much are the standard?
All looking good!!

I think the s3 standard is about 1440kg plus there's still a lot more weight to be lost, the front speakers are still in the door cards, air con pump, head lining. and I'm sure loads of other little bits, have you got any recent pics of your Daz?

Starting to look really smart mate, love catching up on this thread. Are you going for a cage as-well? I completed my engine build tonight, just got to drop the new engine in next week. Hope life in spain is treating you well.

Reactions: Danny Cawsey
I think the s3 standard is about 1440kg plus there's still a lot more weight to be lost, the front speakers are still in the door cards, air con pump, head lining. and I'm sure loads of other little bits, have you got any recent pics of your Daz?

I do have a few pics ill try to put them up.
your quite a bit further along than me ive literally just fitted buckets and emptied the car a bit. Even still the performance gain from it is really impressive.
Im thinking less is more now. I want everything thats not being used out!!!
It took me ages to decide to do this (no going back really is there) but its made the car for me now.
keep the pics coming yours looks great!!!

Starting to look really smart mate, love catching up on this thread. Are you going for a cage as-well? I completed my engine build tonight, just got to drop the new engine in next week. Hope life in spain is treating you well.

Eventually ill put a cage in, just so much stuff to get sorted out first with limited funds and time due to having a little one now.
but on a good note were moving into a villa with a big garage so the audi will be at home for night mechanics :)
your engine build looks good, I've got to do the same at some point this summer as the bottom end has gone.

I do have a few pics ill try to put them up.
your quite a bit further along than me ive literally just fitted buckets and emptied the car a bit. Even still the performance gain from it is really impressive.
Im thinking less is more now. I want everything thats not being used out!!!
It took me ages to decide to do this (no going back really is there) but its made the car for me now.
keep the pics coming yours looks great!!!

Yea same here i was changing my mind everyday whether to strip it or not then bit the bullet. now I'm addicted to loosing weight. I've even started grinding things off so there's no going back lol

Hahahaha!!!
Best way mate
no going back and No regrets!!!!

You look younger than i imagined!
How you finding the gear stick like that? Very interesting!

I quite like having the gear stick next to the wheel but the throw is still a bit long for me even with the forge short shift mechanism. So I'm not sure if there's any other way of shortening it a bit more.

Nathan one of my mates at work machined it up for me. So I'm afraid it's a 1 off. :)

Not thought of top mounting the shifter inside the cabin? That way you can reduce the length of the gear stick and hence reduce throw/gate movement.

Failing that, go balls out and get a CAE shifter like Prawn has :eyebrows:

I quite like having the gear stick next to the wheel but the throw is still a bit long for me even with the forge short shift mechanism. So I'm not sure if there's any other way of shortening it a bit more.

Nathan one of my mates at work machined it up for me. So I'm afraid it's a 1 off. :)

Basic physics is working against you here... the pivot point is too far down so the throw ratio in not in your favour...

What I would suggest is you mount the change box higher up... this keeps the shortened throw using the OE lever and Forge quick shift but brings the lever up to the desired position..

You will just need to run the change cables through the bulk head

<tuffty/>

Cheers tuffty, I didn't think think there would be a way of adjusting it any more, I'll just leave it for now and maybe go with something like prawn has but not priority right now.

Ok so due to one of the main bolts that bolt the crank up snapping about a year or so ago I've finally decided to take the engine out and rebuild it.
This will be my first engine out job and rebuild on my own so I have a lot to learn. The plan it to get everything ordered and ready for October as my missus and son are away for 12 days which hopefully will give me enough time.

So far I have a set of new forged rods and main bolts. Wheres the best place to get all the other bits like shells, gaskets
Etc? And can someone give me a list of everything I should replace/order so I don't forget anything.

Like the red rocker cover!!!
Is that a haldex insert?

Yeh definately do im very interested in one.