1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caught speeding

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by noodle, Apr 1, 2005.

1. noodle

noodle Member

Bugger! Was travelling to Boston on the A52 last weekend, following the obligatory slow moving lorries, at about 45/50. Came to a nice long straight and decided to overtake.

Now, I had noticed a police van parked up on the opposite side of the road, but had assumed that travelling away from the van it: A) wouldn't read my speed and B) as I was overtaking, and had returned to 60 after the lorries, going over the limit was generally okay.

I've been offered 3 points and £60.00, by way of a fixed penalty, and on the face of it, it sounds like a good offer as I was clocked at 77 in a 60.

Do you have any suggestions on where I could go for advice, as I'm sure I recall reading somewhere that exceeding the speed limit whilst overtaking was okay, so long as you returned back to the roads limit after the maneauver??? Maybe I was on the wine that day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Well, it's bad start to my weekend anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. noodle

noodle Member

Cheers fellas.

Sounds as though it's 60squid and 3 pionts then. What a bugger, especially after having a clean licence for about 10 years!! Spose' it was only a matter of time tho' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ahhh so you were the guy with the clean licence, 'bout time they nabbed you then, well overdue

4. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

Post your situation here there is alot of useful advice and people who know what they are talking about... but atleast it was only 3 points and £60, could have been a court appearance.

Kev.

5. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

If the lorry's were doing the 40mph they should have been doing you could safely get past at 60mph, but they drive at 50 -55mph all the time and get away with it making it immpossible to get past them safely at 60! I only hope the wagons doing 45-50mph got done too then.