Caught Speeding on my way to Audi dealer

I

imported_ashs3

Ok I new I had been done, as I slammed on the anchors when I saw him parked on the flyover, so I guess I could have been zapped at a higher speed. It was just a case of "waiting for the letter to come in the post to see the final speed" which came this morning, 89mph in a 70mph on the M4 between jct 34 Miskin and jct 35 Pencoed, should have know better as they are always there, but I had just come of nights and had a bout 3hrs sleep so serves me right.

Anyway, have never had a fine like this as it does not state how much or how many points? it just states that I need to fill in the driver form and send it back? Last time I was done I just had a fixed penalty notice?

Bit of a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif as well, as my only 3 points for a sp50 come off this April so would have been points free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif it seems that every time I approach this I get another one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So what am I likely to get for 89mph on a motorway (70mph limit) ????

If you do the crime, be prepared to do the crime!

A Road Angel wouldn't have helped you in this case anyway!

[ QUOTE ]
If you do the crime, be prepared to do the crime!

A Road Angel wouldn't have helped you in this case anyway!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean be prepared to do the "TIME"

LOL

Why wouldn't a Road Angel have helped? it was a mobile camera van?

You know what I meant!

A Road Angel wouldn't help because they only pick up speed cameras that are known from their GPS location.

You got done by a mobile van... i.e. it's not there all the time therefore its location will not be stored in the Blackspot database.

Even if you got radared your Road Angel would beep and flash to say you've been zapped, but by that point it's too late!

Road Angel 2 say's it has

[ QUOTE ]
LASER ALERT SYSTEM – mobile camera alert
A powerful front and rear Laser detection device, LASER ALERT SYSTEM detects mobile Laser traps and gives an audible and visual alert through the ROAD ANGEL display

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought that this would detect lazer beams being fired anywhere within it's range? and not only at your car?

Did the letter come within 2 weeks of the offence? If not you can dispute it.
RA2 would not necessarily have made any difference as the laser alert only gives an advanced warning if someone in front is being targetting. Laser jammer is needed as well for complete protection, but highly illegal.
Having said that, my jammer just saved my licence a few weeks ago so well worth it IMO.

And of course speeding is highly illegal also so what's the difference?
"Tough on speeding, tough on the causes of speeding (not that fussed about safety as long as the money comes in)"

Yeah the 14 days was up this Thursday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Only had 2 days to go and they would have been 2 weeks.

As for the lazer alert, I thought that it goes off if they are targeting a car in front of you, did not think it was just if it was being "pointed at you" or there would be no point in having it as a built in feature?

Was it a mobile van or a traffic car?

If it was a traffic car you could have been caught by a "pre feed" which is undetectable by any speed camera detection device..

[ QUOTE ]
Did the letter come within 2 weeks of the offence? If not you can dispute it.
RA2 would not necessarily have made any difference as the laser alert only gives an advanced warning if someone in front is being targetting. Laser jammer is needed as well for complete protection, but highly illegal.
Having said that, my jammer just saved my licence a few weeks ago so well worth it IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Laser jammers are illegal.

Ash... wouldn't a device to open you electrically operated garage doors save your tired legs?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

One like a LT450 - http://www.lt450.co.uk/

If it was a traffic car they normally use VASCAR (undetectable) or a handheld laser, and they'll normally stop you.

[ QUOTE ]

Ash... wouldn't a device to open you electrically operated garage doors save your tired legs?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

One like a LT450 - http://www.lt450.co.uk/

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Mmm been thinking of getting security lights fitted on my drive as the street light has a habbit of not working during the winter so cannot see anything when I get home from work (finish at 7pm as work shifts) perfect excuse for the LaserTrack LT450 - Complete System so the lights come on when I get on the drive :) Still that is £449

Andymac

A prefeed is a option on the VASCAR system where they may not neccessarily stop you!!

[ QUOTE ]

As for the lazer alert, I thought that it goes off if they are targeting a car in front of you, did not think it was just if it was being "pointed at you" or there would be no point in having it as a built in feature?

[/ QUOTE ]

The two weeks notice of intention b011ox doesn't work any more, sorry guys.

Phil, what's the deal now then?
This is ridiculous, the goalposts are no longer even on the playing field.
It takes them years to get policy/laws changed that will actually save peoples lives or prevent complete sub human scum get off serious charges because a SOCO used the wrong type of bag for a key piece of evidence, but when it comes to speeding it gets fast tracked.

JamS3, I presume they still have to follow you though so at least you have a sporting chance.

Andy

They dont!!

What happens is they drive down a particular road and measure the distance travelled on the vascar.

They then park up stopping the distance measured with a full view of the road they have just travelled and measured (a roadbridge for example!!).

All they then have to do is when they see a car flying is to click the time in when this car passes the first point they started measuring and then click them out on the last point. Hey presto average speed over this distance = points or summons

Undetectable for gadgets and if you are not observant enough!!

It all boils down to how observant a person is...technically you should be able to spot them before you get done! Not always though as i'm sure some people are about to tell me.

It gets worse, They can turn off the timer a little bit early and your nabbed even if you are not speeding! Your word against the copper and his callibrated timing equipment.

There is a streatch of road near me (Oxon - the name escapes me now) that has a bridge over it with solid sides. There is a gap about 6 inches in the sides and coppers park there and poke their laser gun through it.

Not only do not only do they have a 2 mile range, but you couldn't see them if you where 50yds away.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The two weeks notice of intention b011ox doesn't work any more, sorry guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' (NIP) has to be served within 14 days.

http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/crimertonip.htm

On the subject of 2 weeks notice, a chap in work got done doing 127mph in a Civic Type R on the M5, he was stopped in the wee hours by a Traffic car that had followed him and got an average speed of 127mph, now he had to do a producer, which he has done but has heard nowt for about 3 weeks, so he is over the 14 days, even 14 workign days! so he thinks he has got away with it, if he does he is one lucky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The fact that he has already been pulled over may rule out the 2 week notice.

Not sure though.

Hello

I got caught about 18 months ago on the M4 in South Wales doing 85mph and ended up with 3points and £60 fine. After the letter asking who the driver was I received a conditional offer from the police to accept the fine or go court.

As for being stopped on the motorway and an NIP, someone who I work with was stopped on the M6 last year, 5 months after he was stopped he received a court summons. If you are stopped, it is normally a verbal NIP from the officer at the time.

Hope this clarifies some of the points???

Chris

[ QUOTE ]
Laser jammer is needed as well for complete protection, but highly illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Be very careful with jammers... www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk has several stories of people being arrested for perverting the course of justice for using them. Apparently if the laser equipment can't get a lock it photographs your car anyway. If the same happens again they presume you're using a jammer and arrest you (Northants police anyway).

Worrying!

Yeah the 14 day period only applies to camera's, where they have to get you to identify the driver at the time, anything over 2 weeks and you might have forgotten who was driving at that particular time/day. If they actually pull you over they will give you a ticket there & then along with a producer if they feel this is necessary. The guy in the Type R would not have got a fixed penalty as he was going way too fast, so the police will have passed his details on for a court appearance and subsequent ban. This can take up to 6 months to come through as the system is jammed up. You don't just get a slap on the wrist for 127mph unless you're Angelina Jolie.

Cheers for comments, will post what fine I get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
On the subject of 2 weeks notice, a chap in work got done doing 127mph in a Civic Type R on the M5, he was stopped in the wee hours by a Traffic car that had followed him and got an average speed of 127mph, now he had to do a producer, which he has done but has heard nowt for about 3 weeks, so he is over the 14 days, even 14 workign days! so he thinks he has got away with it, if he does he is one lucky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

An NIP can be given verbally at the time of the offence which is probably what happened here as he was stopped as opposed to being caught on camera. So if he was told he was being reported for the consideration of prosecuting etc etc......then he will receive a summons for court.

On the other hand, the traffic bobby could have used his discretion and just given him a bo11ocking as well as his producer, but highly unlikely at 127mph! I think you can safely say he'll get a ban.

As for your own offence, you're looking at £60 and 3 points.