1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caught on mobile speed gun.

Schizophonic Sep 22, 2013

1. Schizophonic

Schizophonic Well-Known Member

Don't wish for anyone being in the same spot but I was caught speeding tonight and the thing was that when the speed gun was pointing at me I heard my car 'ping' at me. Does anyone know if this some kind of feature or was I just imagining it?

The gun was pointing at the front of my car and I dont have any sensors or camera attached on my front bumper.

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

I think the username may fit for this one.

jdp1962 likes this.
  3. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member Team Cosmos quattro Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi DSG

Just imagining it - I'm pretty sure radar detection etc is illegal

4. Reload

Reload Bird is the Word!

Radar detection is legal, it's radar jamming or in any way electronically disrupting the signal that's illegal

5. steven04

steven04 Member

I'm pretty sure that you can setup the car to sound an audible and visible dash alarm when exceeding a certain speed in the MMI
    My car is seems to have been set at 90mph from the factory.....

6. 97catalunya

97catalunya Active Member

Yes you can. It's a shame however it's not linked to the sat nav to make it relevant to the speed of the road you are on.

7. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member Team Cosmos quattro Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi DSG

My car has the traffic sign recognition - shame you can't link it to that either, or link that to the cruise control!

8. 97catalunya

All right all right stop showing off ;)

cemerson likes this.
  9. 97catalunya

Surprised it doesn't chime if you exceed the limit though?

10. steven04

steven04 Member

As an aside, I was also disappointed to discover that the SATNAV didn't contain a speed camera database.

11. cemerson

Yeh, it's only there as a display - it's a free option anyway, so not bothered really, but it would be good if you could do more with it. I do miss the speed limiter on my old car - physically limited the speed no matter how hard you pressed the pedal to whatever you had set (unless you used the kickdown).

12. cemerson

I think you can import POIs so it's probably possible to do easily enough. Haven't looked into it though.

13. 97catalunya

I would be interested in this Chris if you find any info :)

14. cemerson

I don't know any more than having seen the option to import lists from an SD card - maybe the handbook will have some more info on it