Caught going through a red light???

Jose_85

Audi Noob
Reaction score
Just went down princess road in manchester towards the M60 (so out of manchester).

Their is one of those monitron (digital gatso's) cameras on the opposite side of the road facing across the lane, i had to cross it after the red light had come on but i was just turning right across the lanes not actually going through the lights it was covering but i crossed the cameras path......

Does that mean im 'sh1t out of luck'??

I turned right and was on the opposite side of the dual carriage way. When it goes to red does it cover the entire intersection or just the lights its situated on? :think:

I had a ticket come through the post which i wasnt expecting, after jumping a red light at a dodgy junction on the way to my work. As soon as i got the ticket and saw the time, date and location i thought o sh*t but i always watch that light i thought to myself that id never jump that light...So i rang up and moaned and they sent me the picture though the post and i was going around a man on a bike as i went though the light and they must of thought i was turning right (which was a filter light showing red) instead of going ahead on the green light.....

So if you get a ticket in the post ask for a picture and you maybe able to show them what happend.

Yea that seems a bit harsh to be honest.

The camera wasn't behind me though, it was facing me and with it being a monitron camera i didnt think it would be valid? because i wouldnt have crossed its sensor path for the red light function of the camera?

They way i understand how it works is that the camera is behind you, your sat at the lights, you go through and it snaps you from behind.

If you are coming from the opposite side of the road with no camera behind you then even if you pass infront of the cameras junction it shouldnt get you?

Ahh right....I understand now.
I dont think it would of caught you.....If you saw it flash then it would off but if not dont worry. Whats the matter you got butterflys?

haha, yea considering i already have 5 points i could do without the other 3 lol! apparently someone at my works goes through that junction every morning and does what i did and has been doing it for months so it doesnt look like i will have anything to worry about.

From now on though im going to go just that one junction further and come off where people can actually use the traffic lights and not just keep going through them on red.....

I dont think they can get you with forward facing cameras to be honest. Its normally getting you as you break the white line with the camera behind you.

T

yeah im sure its got to flash i blew a red and the speed camera flash but luck for me someone blew it behing me also so the must of only got his reg because he was to close to mine :moa: to the ****** cameras