Cats the bane of my S3

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Afternoon, I have a Ming Blue S3 and since I have moved to my new house, it has become the centre of excitment for all the local moggies in the street. At the weekend following my ritual cleaning I cam across a number of scratches all over the bonnet, some deep some just light swirls. However even after applying Meguairs Scratch X they are still around though made it slightly better. Anyone have any ideas on:

a. How to get rid of the swirls
b. Is there an Audi bonnet cover I could use.
c. Is it Illegal/legal to take shots at the little gits with my bb gun?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Right firstly go to Argos or Halfords or somewhere else cheap and s**tty and buy a nasty car cover for about £20..basically a giant piece of elasticated tarpaulin, this should stop the little moggies creating more damage.
Get hold of the Meguiars 3 stage cleaning system and that should do the trick!
Finally buy a dog! or spray your front lawn/flower beds with that 'Pet Off' stuff maybe that will get them to go away!

Not sure about how to sort the paint but hows about attaching the gadget which electrifies an electric fence to your car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Make sure nobody gets close to it when its armed though as there is a guy in my local area who did this with his Cosworth a while ago, but he wanted it to stop car theifs, and got done for assault or something when a car park security attendant touched it when he was checking out the suspecious looking earth lead. Also not sure what effect this might have on your car electrics, but should give the cats the right message, after all some of these things stop cattle from going astray.

I have two cats and they're somewhat nosy, wanting in the car, engine, anywhere. Sitting in the car and I get a face at the window. Wotcha doing??? They love warm places, hence lying on nice warm car bonnets. Mmmmm, turbo warmth.

I wouldn't bet on a cover helping, if anything they might dig the claws in to get a grip... right through to the paint. If they know it's slippy, they're more likely to just jump in one go, from my experience.

Some smelly stuff on the bonnet might help, or lift them off and smack them on the nose. Don't shoo them off, your S3 has Quattro, but cats have multi-claw drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Don't shoot them!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

So really its Catch 22. I'll fire some warning shots into their backs when I catch 'em.

Better get some Meguairs Stage 3, would I still need to use Stage 1 and 2, do you know?

Yeah Multiclaw drive don't sound too good.

Ah, water, yes forgot about that. They can't stand the stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Yeah probably is illegal RSPCA and all that. I guess I will have to invest in one of those highpowered super soakers and get the little feckers.

C'est la vie.

Is lemmon an acid? I would'nt go putting it direct onto your paintwork, lemmon smelling car wash liquid might be your best bet.

None of these things really work, shoot cat with a slug gun, cat jumps extends claws and scratches paintwork.
Same goes for a water pistol.
Buy a dog or a car cover, or simply rinse of with a hose before you drive away.
I have learnt this after living with someone who had 15 cats, horses who love to chew paint etc...

It just seems Catch 22 all the time. Cleaned the car at the weekend and find another set of scratches on the front left. Can't win, spoke to neighbour about it and then one of them appears, "that's one of the little feckers", "really he says...that's mine". Jesus can't win