1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cat removal a3 tdi pd

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by a3rob, Jan 9, 2011.

1. a3rob

a3rob Member

Hi all, thinking of removing the cat and also fitting an egr delete kit, prior to having the ecu mapped at awesome. What would be the benefits of removing these.
    Cheers
    Rob
  2. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger Regional Rep

hi,

removing the cat should in theory reduce the backpressure and help the turbo spool earlier and more freely. Egr is only there for emission purposes and removing that should clear the way for a better burn. I should think if the map is stage 1, it will be generic so shouldnt matter if you do these mods before or after the map. I personally wouldnt bother decatting it though, that will REALLY make it sound like a tractor.
  3. a3rob

a3rob Member

Hi, the map is a custom map by awesome, which is not the generic version I'm informed. Will the car really sound loud with no cat? My friends bora with the same engine, sounds fine de catted
  4. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger Regional Rep

Doesnt make it any louder, just a bit chuggier I reckon. You can tell the difference between a decat and standard diesel. Plus side to having a decat on a diesel is that you probably wont have any problems on MOT unlike a petrol due to not being guaged the same, think they just do a smoke test on diesels which are quite hard to fail
  5. a3rob

a3rob Member

As long as it doesn't sound rough i don't mind lol