Castrol Oil

Matt

Reaction score
Just put 0.5 litre in my car (1st time in 5,000 miles) and thought I had maybe look at getting a 4 litre bottle or something to top up the smaller one that is in the boot.

The stuff that came with it in the boot is: Castrol SLX Professional Powerflow Longlife III 5W-30.

Can only seem to find it online in 1 litre bottles and would imagine buying 4 litres would be better value. Is it actually the same stuff as Castrol EDGE 5W-30 but just with a different label for Audi? Want to make sure I use the right stuff for the longlife servicing.

Sorry if its a daft question, I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to engines and all it gives me in the owners manual is a VW 507 00 which means nothing to me? :huh:

I believe Edge is the replacement for SLX III.

507 is the spec that the oil meets as laid down by Audi, So as long as your new oil has this spec number on it then it will be fine.

I just recently bought some from the dealer for my service and they stated Castro SLX Longlife 3 5w 30 is the correct one to use and its still being made. I have also never found anything more than a 1 litre bottle.

Went into Costco the other day who had the large bottles on pretty cheap, usually they don;t have 5w-30

Well Edge is 5w30 and meets VW 504 and 507 spec so thats what goes in my A4. I think SLX III could only be available from dealers? As castrol dont even list it on their own website!

I got a 4 litre bottle of Edge for £35, better value than the dealers who wanted around £15 for one litre!