Castle Combe Circuit needs your help. Noise Nuisance Order!

tonydatyga

Reaction score
Good idea the group buy-am dbl checking that these are original. they definitely fit the M5 though. I would also be interested in some M5 logo matts

SIY

I do want some. I had assumed that the above prices were your standard prices and I was waiting for the special group buy prive to appear. You know the type of thing - if there are 10 customers the price will be XX /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Ok ok, i'll do the pedals £110 and the foot rest at £110 and still give free delivery!!! How does that sound?

SimonExtreme - well done.

SIY - any progress on identifying if your source were originals - i'd be extremely surprised if they were at that price.

HTR, not wishing to mess you about, just waitng to hear back from SIY, but subject to his 'unbelievable' deal, i'm in.

So that's 2 or 3 if SIY is in as well. Any more out there??

What I forgot to post was if buying from the $tealer, they said they could fit them if I wanted....wait for it..... and hour for the three pedals and 40 mins for the dead pedal!!!!! hmm....tempting!???

FULL INFO at http://www.racecar.co.uk/cc/story.asp?ArticleID=87
Castle Combe Circuit urgently needs your help 22/02/2005

COUNCIL SERVE NOISE NUISANCE ORDER

North Wiltshire District Council have served a Noise Nuisance Order on Castle Combe Circuit. The circuit Directors consider this to be unfair and restrictive. We are appealing against the Order. However, within the Council it is possible that at a debate the Council members could instruct their officers to withdraw this Noise Nuisance Order. We hope to achieve this action rather than indulge in costly legal actions for both parties. For Castle Combe Circuit this is money that could be spent on improving our visitor facilities. However for Council Tax payers, the vast majority who are not affected by this action, the cost is a further burden on Council budgets that could be used to improve our health and education systems, our roads and other services. This action has been brought about by a tiny number of local residents. Because of their action, Council Tax payers throughout Wiltshire will have an additional financial burden to carry during 2005.

THE FACTS

Whilst the Order covers all race days, the principle clause will prevent us, after 2005, running the British formula 3 and GT Championships.

During four successful years, these two races have

Ø run on average for 5 hours 22 minutes per year, just 4.36% of our total racing time.

Ø the races have attracted almost 100,000 visitors.

Ø using the Council’s own calculations, these races have generated approximately £10m into the North Wiltshire economy.

Ø they have provided Wiltshire with a world class sporting event.

We are a race circuit. We accept racing cars do make noise and have therefore been instrumental in changing the regulations to lower the noise limit for F3 & GT’s by 4Dba. That is a significant reduction.

The circuit has been here since 1950 and run racing continuously through that time. It is well known and well signposted. Anyone moving into the area. since 1950, would have been aware of its existence.

We have the lowest usage of any circuit in the United Kingdom currently attracting national racing classes.

Long term effects of losing these races could force us to look for other revenue streams and to restrict

our support of some loss making and charitable events.

We believe we have demonstrated to the council that with careful noise controls and an undertaking to work with the organisers of these championships to investigate further noise reductions that we can work in harmony with the majority of the local environment and residents.

Your help is needed.

If you can, please write a letter urging councillors to vote to instruct their officers to withdraw this Notice.

A full list of Council Members is shown overleaf.

Please feel free to use any of the facts quoted within this newsletter.

Your help will be much appreciated.

The Directors of Castle Combe Circuit Ltd

THE MEMBERS OF NORTH WILTS DISTRICT COUNCILLORS

NAME & ADDRESS
DISTRICT COUNCIL WARD

Mrs D Allen, 23 Minster Way, Chippenham, SN14 0PY dallen@northwilts.gov.uk
Chippenham Westcroft/Queens

Mr P Allnatt, 1 Lady Coventry Rd, Chippenham, SN15 3NEpallnatt@northwilts.gov.uk
Chippenham Monkton Park

Mrs A Baines, Bukit End, 5 Days Court, Crudwell, Malmesbury SN16 9HG abaines@northwilts.gov.uk
Ashton Keynes & Minety

Mr D Barton, Turnpike Cottage, Old Hardenhuish Lane, Chippenham SN14 6HH dbarton@northwilts.gov.uk
Cepen Park

Mr T Briggs, 56 newbury Avenue, Calne SN11 9UN tbriggs@northwilts.gov.uk
Calne Chilvester

Mrs N Bryant, Mile Elm Farm, Calne SN11 0NE nbryant@northwilts.gov.uk
Calne Without

Mrs A Bucknell, Hill View, Trow Lane, Lyneham, Chippenham SN15 4DL Allison.Bucknell@btinternet.com
Lyneham

Mrs R Coleman, 67 The Green, Christian Malford, Chippenham SN15 4BQ rcoleman@northwilts.gov.uk
Chippenham Hill Rise

Mr D Constable, 5 Barton Close, Bradenstoke SN15 4EZ dconstable@northwilts.gov.uk
Lyneham

Mr S Coy, 7 Fynamore Gardens, Calne, Wilts SN11 0UA scoy@northwilts.gov.uk
Calne Marden

Mrs C Crisp, 9 Lime Trees, Christian Malford, Chippenham SN15 4BN ccrisp@northwilts.gov.uk
Bremhill

Mrs D Darby, Pollards, High St, Colerne, Wilts SN14 8DD ddarby@northwilts.gov.uk
Colerne

Mrs A Davis, The Old Farmhouse, Milbourne, Malmesbury SN16 9JA adavis@northwilts.gov.uk
Malmesbury

Mr P Davis, 14 Beeches Green, Shaw, Melksham, Wilts SN12 8JD pdavis@northwilts.gov.uk
Corsham

Mrs H Dixon, Quarry House, 51 the Hyde, Purton, Swindon SN5 4EA hdixon@northwilts.gov.uk
Purton

Mrs K Dixon, 38 Sheridan Drive, Wootton Bassett, SN4 8JJ kdixon@northwilts.gov.uk
Wootton Bassett North

Mrs S Doubell, Long Summers, 54B The Common, Langley Burrell, Chippenham SN15 4LL doubell@northwilts.gov.uk
Chippenham Pewsham

Mr D Evans, 2 The Orchard, Cherhill, Calne SN11 8YL davidjevans@northwilts.gov.uk
Hilmarton

Mr P Goldstone, 34 West Street, Malmesbury SN16 0AR pgoldstone@northwilts.gov.uk
Malmesbury

Mr G Greenaway, 44 The Hyde, Purton, Swindon SN5 4EA ggreenaway@northwilts.gov.uk
Purton

Mr H Greenman, 5 Royal Field Close, Hullavington, Chippenham SN14 6DY hgreenman@northwilts.gov.uk
Chippenham Pewsham

Mr P Green, The Laurels, Swindon Road, Kington Langley, Chippenham SN15 5NG pgreen@northwilts.gov.uk
Kington Langley

Mrs M Groom, Horseshoes, 32 Chestnut Springs, Lydiard Millicent, Wilts SN5 3NA mgroom@northwilts.gov.uk
The Lydiards and Broad Town

Mr M Hatton, 3 Cushla Cottage, Purton Rd, Cricklade, Swindon SN6 6HR mhatton@northwilts.gov.uk
Cricklade

Mr I Henderson, 14 Monks Park, Milbourne, Malmesbury SN16 9JF ihenderson@northwilts.gov.uk
St Paul Malmesbury Without & Sherston

Mr R Henning, 69 Marshfield Rd, Chippenham SN15 1JS rhenning@northwilts.gov.uk
Chippenham Park

Mr J Ireland, 15 Avon Close, Calne SN11 9DB jireland@northwilts.gov.uk
Calne Lickhill

Mr R Jackson, 5 The Tynings, Corsham, Wilts SN13 9DE rjackson@northwilts.gov.uk
Corsham

Mr T Jones, 29 Highlands Close, Rudloe, Corsham, Wilts SN13 0LA hjones@northwilts.gov.uk
Box

Mr R MacGregor, Hillcrest, 39 Rowden Hill, Chippenham SN15 2AQ rmacgregor@northwilts.gov.uk
Chippenham Avon

Mr N Maidment, Street Farm, Cleverton, Chippenham SN15 5BS nmaidment@northwilts.gov.uk
Ashton Keynes & Minety

Mrs D Moore, 23 Marshall St., Chippenham SN14 0ED dmoore@northwilts.gov.uk
Chippenham Audley

Mr T Northey, 8 Sheldon Rd., Chippenham SN14 0BN tnorthey@northwilts.gov.uk
Cepen Park

Mrs C O’Gorman, The Old Vicarage, Anchor Rd, Calne SN11 8DR Cogorman@northwilts.gov.uk
Calne Abberd

Mrs G Offord, 14 Queens Avenue, Corsham SN13 0DX gofford@northwilts.gov.uk
Pickwick

Mrs N Phillips, 39 Sheldon Rd, Chippenham SN14 0BP nphillips@northwilts.gov.uk
Chippenham Sheldon

Mr J Read, 53 Hallsfield, Cricklade, Swindon SN6 6LR jread@northwilts.gov.uk
Cricklade

Mrs C Reid, Spring Gardens, 5 Priory St, Corsham SN13 0AP creid@northwilts.gov.uk
Pickwick

Mr P Roberts, 53 Longleaze, Wootton Bassett SN4 8AP proberts@northwilts.gov.uk
Wootton Bassett South

Mrs J Rooke, 14 Burleaze, Chippenham SN15 2AY jrooke@northwilts.gov.uk
Chippenham Allington

Mrs M Rousell, 28 Pine Close, Hawthorn Park, Rudloe, Corsham SN13 0LB mrousell@northwilts.gov.uk
Box

Mrs J Scott, Sparrow Farm, Lanhill, Chippenham SN14 6LX janescott@northwilts.gov.uk
Kington St Michael

Mrs S L Scruton, Sundey Hill Farm, Brinkworth, Chippenham SN15 5AS shf@easynet.co.uk
Brinkworth & The Somerfords

Mr T Sturgis, Brook Farm, Great Somerford, Chippenham SN15 5JA tsturgis@northwilts.gov.uk
Brinkworth & The Somerfords

Mrs O Thomas, 55 Claredon Drive, Wootton Bassett, SN4 8BU othomas@northwilts.gov.uk
Wootton Bassett South

Mr J Thomson, East Lodge, Pinkney, Malmesbury SN16 0NZ jthomson@northwilts.gov.uk
St Paul Malmesbury Without

Mr R Tonge, Bank House, 9 Tutton Hill, Colerne, Wilts SN14 8DN rtonge@northwilts.gov.uk
Lacock with Neston & Gastard

Mr A Trotman, 109 Wessington Park, Calne SN11 0AZ
Calne Quemerford

Mr S Walls, 5 Sheridan Drive, Wootton Bassett, Swindon SN4 8JJ swalls@northwilts.gov.uk
Wootton Bassett North

Mr C Wannell, 53 Noremarsh Rd., Wootton Bassett, Swindon SN4 8BH cwannell@northwilts.gov.uk
Wootton Bassett South

Mr R Watkins, Paddock Barn, The Gibb, Castle Combe, Wilts SN14 7LH rwatkins@northwilts.gov.uk
Nettleton

Mr M West, 6 Fynamore Gardens, Calne SN11 0UB mwest@northwilts.gov.uk
Calne Priestley

Mrs J Wood, Monkton Cottage, Monkton Hill, Chippenham SN15 1EP jwood@northwilts.gov.uk
Chippenham London Road

that must be the longest post on this site ever

have i just read that right ? that is the list of councillors who are `opposed` to the circuit ? if so, why the f*ck is someone who lives in `cricklade` opposed to a circuit in `castle combe` ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
i need a lie-down

It's probably so the Americans can get a quite stay at the Golf Course in the quaint little British village.

I wonder what brings in the most $$ american tourists or the racing.

It is quite possible though that last years rally day upset a few neighbours, it was heavily over subscribed and cars parked everywhere thoughout the village.

The GT and BritF3 would be missed though. Its a good weekend.

Badger5, are those email addresses and postal addresses freely available on the Internet? If not, I would examine what TDI-line posted about the Data Protection Act or read here DPA 1988

Unless they have agreed to have their details posted here or used in this fashion you may bring Audi-Sport into disrepute. Not a expert legal opinion but I have looked at the Act in the past. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

If I am wrong, apologies.

Good luck with your petitioning.

[ QUOTE ]
They are already on the Internet. I'll get back in my box.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a valid point. Those names may be on the internet on a site which is registered under the Data Protection Act however copying them doesn't exclude you from the provisions of the act.
I'm a parish and district councillor and my name, home address, phone and fax number and e-mail address are on two websites. That doesn't mean anyone can copy them and publish them wherever they like.
Those councillors listed are all the members of North Wilts District Councillor, not those who object - some may actually support Castle Combe (as I do).
Audi-Sport.net advises not showing number plates - are addresses OK?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

Time for breakfast....

[ QUOTE ]
They are already on the Internet. I'll get back in my box.

[/ QUOTE ]

mgboxedin.gif