1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carpet cleaning suggestions - spillt milk!!

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by oxford_hippo, Jul 26, 2013.

1. oxford_hippo

oxford_hippo New Member

Just the weather for it - we have about 2 pints of milk spilt in rear footwell.

Mopped up all I could see,

and disconnected carpet trim from the edge the car ( by the door ) so I could lift it up and put some towels underneath to soak up the soapey water ( so under the front passenger seat )..

But car absolutely reeeeks.

Any suggestions on getting the rear footwell cleaned using a carpet cleaner?

Any drive in car wash companies anyone knows of who have carpet-cleaners you can pay to use?

If its just the rear footwell presume that's far enough away from front footwell electrics?

Thought would at least take front passenger seat out ( disconnect battery to avoid airbag warning light ).

Even driving around with windows open it's smelly!!!

Thanks!
  2. mrnice

mrnice Member

What a nightmare!, I would prob use carpet shampoo and scrub the hell out of it then rinse by using a damp sponge (I imagine it'd take hours tho).
    i would search or ask on detailingworld.co.uk though, great cleaning advice over there, I'd be surprised if no one had tackled the same problem somewhere on there,

good luck!
  3. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

i had to remove the full carpet from a cab after a 4 pinter spilt
    just could not get the smell out as it was in the foam under the carpet

was cleaned 2/3 times before i decided to remove
  4. jacob12

jacob12 New Member

Milk is actually one of the hardest to remove and most likely to ruin anything it is spilled. Try this solution.

Rub the stain with a mixture of 2 tablespoons salt dissolved in 1/2 cup white vinegar. Wait for an hour or till it dried then vacuum.

If that doesnt work or the its a larger stain, make a paste of 1 tablespoon vinegar, borax with 1 tablespoon cornstarch, and rub it into the stain. Let it settle for 2 days, then vacuum.