Carjacking

Brumbrum1

Reaction score
Another incident in Birmingham.
Its happening far too often.
RS6 stopped at lights in broad daylight.
Baddies open door and get in.

I've been meaning to check my car / ask this for ages.
I have advanced key and have the doors set to lock when I drive off.
If I stop a lights / a junction, if someone tries a front door handle, given that the key is in the car, will it unlock and open ?
Is it different if the stop / start is activated ?

I'm assuming the car is clever enough not to allow this but does anyone know ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn
Yea doors should be locked as soon as you drive over 5MPH I believe. I know mine works because Miss Eskimo always gets annoyed when I pick up in the rain and she cant open the door until I unlock it...! I have told her she is more than welcome to walk :p

I imagine with advance key, it will work in the same way.

Obviously the jacking you described is more brute force, but it sounds as though advance key presents the same problem as with my S5. Since the S5 uses a standard size fob that is programmed, the scum just programme a blank fob to create a new key using the cars OBD port. Obviously no need to physically cut a key. Its a joke the manufacturers don't do anything to help. Been going on for years in Audi's, BMW's, RR, Jags, etc.

Literally takes them minutes to break in, programme them then drive off....

Reactions: Milnesafc, Flying Scotsman, xpoweruk and 2 others
Thanks Dr E.
The concern is that advanced key opens a locked car if the car can sense the key fob is close by and either of the front door handles is pulled.
I'm trying to establish if, once the car has been started and driven, this function is disabled.

That function is not disabled; I have Advanced Key and if (when) I forget to unlock whilst stationery after travelling the doors can NOT be opened from outside.

Reactions: Brumbrum1
Get a friend to test it and find out instead of asking on here. No doubt that it could be modified in VCDS to make it do what you want if it doesn't already anyway.

That function is not disabled; I have Advanced Key and if (when) I forget to unlock whilst stationery after travelling the doors can NOT be opened from outside.
Thanks !

Reactions: well_cool
Get a friend to test it and find out instead of asking on here. No doubt that it could be modified in VCDS to make it do what you want if it doesn't already anyway.
Sincere apologies Benten for taking up your valuable time.

Reactions: KenL
Sincere apologies Benten for taking up your valuable time.

My point was...why ask and get people with different key setups responding on here when you could test for yourself in 20 seconds and get a 100% definitive answer.

My point was...why ask and get people with different key setups responding on here when you could test for yourself in 20 seconds and get a 100% definitive answer.
And its a great point.
I'm away to give myself a severe thrashing.
Apologies again.

Reactions: MB86, HulkRS3, DrEskimo and 2 others
And its a great point.
I'm away to give myself a severe thrashing.
Apologies again.

Hahaha...have a long hard think about what you have done today sir....

Reactions: HulkRS3, Brumbrum1 and voorhees
I always make sure my doors are locked when driving as I suffered road rage a couple of years ago in London. There was a maniac driving like a mad man so kept my beams on full (in daytime as well). (The police would have arrested him for dangerous driving).

We stopped at some lights and two guys got out the car and one punched me in the face luckily my window was only slightly open so I only suffered a minor bruise but the other guy opened the car door. So since then always keep it locked.

Reactions: fence and Brumbrum1
After market alarm is the only way to make sure your safe just get out and walk away and leave alarm fob in your pocket and after 10-30 seconds or what ever you set it. Car shuts off and won't start.
This is what I'll be fitting on my next cars.

I would have my doors auto locked when driving but I had the thought that if I was in a serious crash and the doors were locked it would be harder/take longer to get access to me and whoever else is in the car. Unless there is a safety feature where in such a scenario it would automatically unlock all doors?

Reactions: Joe4842
I would have my doors auto locked when driving but I had the thought that if I was in a serious crash and the doors were locked it would be harder/take longer to get access to me and whoever else is in the car. Unless there is a safety feature where in such a scenario it would automatically unlock all doors?
If it's was that serious they'd probably just smash the windows or force entry to be fair.
If you were at the stage you weren't able to unlock the door yourself the cars probably being cut apart anyway. I always make sure my auto lock is on when driving :)

Reactions: Tom.H
I may be wrong but I believe if the air bags deploy then the car does auto unlock doors? Sure I've read that somewhere, possibly for another manufacturer, but all the same I imagine for safety