Carista obd2

Patrico777

Reaction score
Just find out regarding what is CARISTA tried to sync it together with my elm ibd2 reader works nice, tomorrow im going to try to customize something needle swap home lights etc rtc hope it works my question is does the obd need to be plugged if I want these mods ? And does it harm vehicle ecu? Or something when using these customization etc thanks in advance :)

PFA

Attachments

• 6811E3A5-F163-4945-BB15-AFAC3740F19E.jpeg
    6811E3A5-F163-4945-BB15-AFAC3740F19E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
It has to be connected while are you making the changes otherwise Carista won’t be able to read anything at all.
And no it doesn’t do anything to the car. Mine is plugged in all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean “does the OBD need to be plugged in to work”?

With your car switched off, plug in a Carista. Turn the car to Acc power and then run Carista from your phone.

For your coding do not have the car running. It won’t impact the car/ECU at all.

Thanks for quick replies im
Going to gice it a try

Make sure to activate the free trial that came with the Carista adaptor or be faced with the costs to make changes.

Make sure to activate the free trial that came with the Carista adaptor or be faced with the costs to make changes.
I did and it works charm ! Tried to unplug obd and all features still work? How is that possible ? Like beep when locking car and when indicating wink led does it work without obd being plugged in?

Of course it works - you've essentially updated the coding of the car.

You don't need to keep Carista plugged in for it to work. Carista (the OBD dongle) is the gateway to allow you to make the changes.

Last edited:
Of course it works - you've essentially updated the coding of the car.

You don't need to keep Carista plugged in for it to work. Carista (the OBD dongle) is the gateway to allow you to make the changes.
So I dont need to pay then for subcription then I can enable what ever I want and tnat is it? But if I want to disable I need to subcribe the disable if I did like Am I right ?

Carista comes with "free" as well as "paid" mods. Free can be done/un-done anytime. For paid ones, because you've paid for them you "keep" them and undo them as and when you want.

Like @samuelh_888 has said, you don't need the OBD adapter to be plugged in all the time. You plug it only when you want or if you are interested in some basic data logging etc.

Reactions: samuelh_888
From memory Carista gives you 2 months free - then charge you about £25 for 12 months unlimited use including 'customisations' and 'diagnostics'.

Basically if you want to make a customisation (within the bounds of what is available to your MY car), plug it in, turn ACC on, make the change, turn car off and unplug. If you decide you don't like the customisation, plug it in, turn ACC on, make the change, turn car off and unplug..

Now, there is an app called DashCmd (& Torque for Android) - if you leave your dongle plugged in, when your car is running this these Apps will display a dashboard of diagnostics, charts etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: V6_Man
From memory Carista gives you 2 months free - then charge you about £25 for 12 months unlimited use including 'customisations' and 'diagnostics'.

Basically if you want to make a customisation (within the bounds of what is available to you MY car), plug it in, turn ACC on, make the change, turn car off and unplug. If you decide you don't like the customisation, plug it in, turn ACC on, make the change, turn car off and unplug..

Now, there is an app called DashCmd (& Torque for Android) - if you leave your dongle plugged in, when your car is running this these Apps will display a dashboard of diagnostics, charts etc...
Grear I guess I choose what I want enable it and keep it as its lol that way I dont need to pay anythint lol unless I wanna change it back disable etc

Can somebody recomend obd2 adapter(non carista branded) that works with carista 100% i bought 2 elm327 and they dont work with carista...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Why don’t you buy Carista - it’s £9.99 on Amazon.

Carista Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter and App: Diagnose, Customize and Service your Audi, BMW, Lexus, Mini, Scion, Toyota, VW, Seat or Skoda with dealer level technology Amazon product

It’s unlikely you’ll get full functionality from non-Carista obd2 adapter.

I am from Bosnia and Hercegovina and sadly they dont send here :(
And from amazon us price is 39.99 and postage is 60us...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk