Carista App

I believe this is normal, and i have had it on other cars too. I think it happens as the car cycles through each of the modules. You normally hear some interference/low tone from the speakers too at one point.
@ross27 - Cheers mate :thumbs up:

Hey guys. If I download the Carista app, is that all I need? Or do I need the 'pro package' at £14.99 on the App Store (iOS user here)

They are offering a carista OBD on the website, should I order that, would it work on my a4?
09909a847dc27bfa4cd3d7b5cd3865c1.jpg

Hey guys. If I download the Carista app, is that all I need? Or do I need the 'pro package' at £14.99 on the App Store (iOS user here)
Depends what you want to do. Free version is ok for fault scanning but you need the pro version for coding.

Reactions: A4 SJC
@jdp1962 - cheers. I'd be using it for coding, so would need the pro version. Is it the same requirement for Android?

@bonifacy87 - cheers

just need to work out what the difference in cost is between iOS and Android

The wi-fi dongle for iOS is around a tenner and the pro version of the app is £15 from what I can gather.

Anyone know what the Android costs are?

They about the same. I think I've paid 15 for a dongle on amazon. I don't know if there is any software difference. Bare in mind that android one was the first one out and it might be more stable or sth. Just a thought though.

Can you post the link for the iOS dongle? Does it work 100% or should I spend more and get the carista branded one

I cant decide, maybe its a better idea to get it for android and use anyones phone and do the customizations.

Is there an option to enable tail lights led when drl's are on?

Right, I'm going to get the carista obd and hope everything works thanks

Reactions: bonifacy87
This may seem like a daft question but I don't know anything about coding etc,

I didn't think to add the interior light package on my car until it was too late, so if I retrofit the kit can I use this app to code it? I'd also like the needle sweep and see what else it can enable, but the coding for the lights would be great for me

This may seem like a daft question but I don't know anything about coding etc,

I didn't think to add the interior light package on my car until it was too late, so if I retrofit the kit can I use this app to code it? I'd also like the needle sweep and see what else it can enable, but the coding for the lights would be great for me
Unfortunately you won't be able to the coding with this app. You need vag com for it.
Regarding needle sweep - you can do it with this app.

Can anyone confirm if it can enable tail light led's by default with drls on the front? B8.5

Can anyone confirm if it can enable tail light led's by default with drls on the front? B8.5
I believe i have seen that option on my b8.5. I would like to hire people have enabled the lap timer and also the oil temp? I can't see these options when i connect up my carista app.

Maybe its in their beta app. Send them an e-mail before hiring :p

Maybe its in their beta app. Send them an e-mail before hiring
That was supposed to read "know how". This swype keyboard on my phone had a mid of its own. Thanks Dado, I'll drop them an email.

Cheers humkar, give us an update later :D

I wanted to activate the oil temp too, but Carista doesn't cover it. I think it has to be VCDS, but if you find out from the support team that it's coming, let me know. :)

I have just ordered the dongle. Is there a list of mods available? Or do I need to wait for it to arrive to see what I can do?

I wanted to activate the oil temp too, but Carista doesn't cover it. I think it has to be VCDS, but if you find out from the support team that it's coming, let me know. :)

Carista will do the oil temp, but you need to sign up for the beta test version.

Reactions: jdp1962

As @Andy350z said its in the beta version. I have it on my S4 b8.5

Reactions: jdp1962
I thnk a lot of people are getting confused. There are 3 levels to all of this.

-1. Carista base app is just for viewign config and settings, no changes possible.
1. Carista Pro app allows some built in changes, beep on alarm, windows closing etc., the primary reason I purchased a £14 dongle and the Pro app version is to enable the green MMI menu (service menu).
2. Service menu - this allows you to enable all of those nice things, lap timer (incs oil temp), needle sweep, CD rip, rear lights on with DRL's etc etc.
3. VAG.com, this is required for those more in depth changes like activating the option to adjust internal lighting via the MMI etc. and many many more that are not in the Service menu. If its not in the Carista app or the Service menu then Vag.com is required.

Hope this helps and clears things up.

There is no need for the branded dongle, IOS and Android versions of the app do the same thing, to apply the changes you will need the pro version otherwise you con only view the config.

This is one of the best locatiosn for info regardign these features:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/modifications-list.212280/
THere are multiple threads and links here to guid you.

Cheers all

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Dado, Keef and 1 other person
@GeoffDunk, if I've read you right, the oil temp can be enabled through the hidden menu, yes? If so, could you provide a step-by-step how-to?

I've enabled access to the hidden menu, but am very nervous about using it.

I'll find the link to the guide I used.

Two rules when using it:

1. Only change one thing at a time, check it, test it and then and only then, move on to another item. This means if it doesn't work you can return it back and move on, you won't end up with loads of unnecessary changes.

2. Only fiddle with something you are sure about, if you don't know what the menu item is leave it alone.

Steer clear of anything you don't know about, the bootloader menu allows you totally trash you MMI, it will not work again if you fiddle in there unless a dealer sets it up for you.

The thread I posted a link to has loads of info in it.

Reactions: Dado, jdp1962 and Dtfrith
I can confirming that with the beta version I am able to enable the lap timer which in turn will display the oil temp.

Anyone help with this, I can see in carista the option to enable aux heater and ventilation in the mmi however nothing comes up in the Car Menu and the AC menu. Does that mean my 2014 2.0 tdi doesn't have these fitted? Thanks in advance