Carista App Now Avaliable For the 8V A3/S3 - PFL & FL Covered

I bought Carista early so have a full pro license for life and beta tested on my previous car (GT86) so they seem quite responsive. If you need me to check anything please just shout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bought Carista yesterday to check it out... some of the options are kinda confusing to me though like..

"Menu for lowering passenger-side mirror when in reverse gear"
"Allow lowering passenger-side mirror when in reverse gear"
"Lower passenger side-mirror when in reverse gear"

Not sure really what the difference is between 2/3. I enabled all 3, I don't see a menu in the MMI, but it does dip anyway so whatever :) No option to do the drivers side sadly though...

I had like 5 warnings when I did a diagnostic

Code:
Engine
Part #: 8V0906259F
Coding: 0A1D00122466010B2004 (hex)
Component: 2.0l R4 TFSI
Fault codes:
21388 Manufacturer-specific code
21399 Manufacturer-specific code

Infotainment system
Part #: 8V0035036G
Coding: 017303010000000021111102000A00
102F000227010001009E (hex)
Component: MU-H-LND-EU
Fault codes:
06667 Manufacturer-specific code

Heater & air conditioning
Part #: 8V0820043D
Coding: 031000040000000110000000000011
00 (hex)
Component: AC Automat
Fault codes:
263682 Manufacturer-specific code

Driver assist front sensor
Part #: 5Q0980653G
Coding: 010101000101030300030000010001
0100 (hex)
Component: MQB_MFK
Fault codes:
6422533 Manufacturer-specific code
I'm guessing the engine ones are as my exhauast valves are open (cable unplugged). Though all of the others I have no idea... Is it kinda normal to see problems on these scans? If there isn't any obvious problem is it worth doing anything about it?

I got mine today, have done the mirror dip and the dis oil temp which I know both work. Have done the throttle response but haven't been out in it yet to test. Cannot find anything for exhaust valves though, thought this was possible on pfl?

I got mine today, have done the mirror dip and the dis oil temp which I know both work. Have done the throttle response but haven't been out in it yet to test. Cannot find anything for exhaust valves though, thought this was possible on pfl?

You need to be on the beta program I think

Swapped back to normal throttle map to check consumption difference. Felt like I may have been burning a bit more fuel in traffic but drove much better.

Error log sent to Carista for the facelift exhaust flap mod

Turned down soundaktor and opened exhaust flaps yesterday. Both worked, and pleased with the outcome. Can't notice much difference with the throttle response though, need to have another play.

Turned down soundaktor and opened exhaust flaps yesterday. Both worked, and pleased with the outcome. Can't notice much difference with the throttle response though, need to have another play.

Was that a pre facelift or a facelift car? If facelift please can you tell me how you got the flaps to work?

Was that a pre facelift or a facelift car? If facelift please can you tell me how you got the flaps to work?

It's pfl, so I'm afraid I'm not much use to you!

Reactions: gringosteve
No worries! Was concerned I’d broken something on mine!

Must be a different code on the FL!

Is the Carista beta throttle response mod only appearing for S3 models or should be in all the range (ie 1.4, 2.0 ) etc..

Thanks

Never had a car long enough to need an MOT, but working with MOT testers I know it’s a 100% fail.
On the topic of Pace Car indicators. Does anyone know why it is illegal? What exactly is the difference between this and the FL with the sweeping (in terms of law, not appearance).

Carista have said exhaust flap coding is not supported on my car. Which is crazy as I have exhaust flaps

I can only assume something is different with my model year, but everything I have read suggests the coding should be the same for facelift and non facelift cars

Did anyone try throttle response change on A3?

Would love to hear opinions if and how well it works as well as if it impacts fuel consumption a lot.

I did. It made the response much better, it no longer waits for acceleration. Fuel seemed to take a hit with driving in traffic as it is no longer moderating your inputs

On the topic of Pace Car indicators. Does anyone know why it is illegal? What exactly is the difference between this and the FL with the sweeping (in terms of law, not appearance).

Well, as I recall, the lights are never off in Pace Car mode - they alternate rather than flash? The sweeping ones do go off at one point, so they truly "flash". My bet is it will be something like that. Also they have been 'modified' from standard UK/approved spec.

just updated the app today and notice that there's now an option for throttle adaptation on my FLS3.

so, has anyone tried it yet, as it seems to get rid of the lag and just plain slowness of the response from what im reading in other models / VAG brands.?

seems to give you 2 options, the current one based on time of throttle in a certain position, and option 2, instant response based on actual position of the throttle.

I have tried it. It does get rid of throttle delay but may make a difference to fuel consumption at low speed stop start style driving as your pedal inputs are being moderated less

Perfect. To be honest, my driving is 80% motorway and the rest... sod the fuel economy. I’m doing it!

Have tried the throttle response set to direct and seems is more response on my tfsi a3. I don’t know about petrol spending.. anyone has tried the other option of the torque limiter? By default is set to low then you have medium high or deactivate..

Cool.. I’m not touching the torque limiter.. not enough power on my car to do launches. Funny enough was already on the low setting by default, I believe reason being is that my car is always on dynamic mode ;) deactivating it I think will not limit revs redline and blow up the hole thing correct me if I’m wrong .

Perfect. To be honest, my driving is 80% motorway and the rest... sod the fuel economy. I’m doing it!
How is it been on your car the throttle adaptation on your car? Did you felt any difference on response?

What did you do for the throttle response ?? Was just looking at mine and wondered what it would change

Have just been looking at my carista for the first peoper time. Have a couple questions,

1) What is the proper name on the app to adjust the exhaust flaps ?

2) For the lowering of the passenger side mirror when in reverse did you change all settings as I see there was 3 different ones for each side

Cheers guys !

@Mike Rogers
I think I left mine as
Menu for lowering passenger...... Yes (but I never saw a menu in the MMI) , so might have disabled it, can't remember
Allow lowering passenger .... Yes
Lower passenger ...... Yes

The bottom 2, no idea what the difference is meant to be....

Does anybody know why I wouldn't have the option for enabling the rear parking sensors visual display? I'm sure I read that you could enable this with Carista?

Does anybody know why I wouldn't have the option for enabling the rear parking sensors visual display? I'm sure I read that you could enable this with Carista?

Not on the facelift. The option is present in the beta version but doesn’t work

Not on the facelift. The option is present in the beta version but doesn’t work

Hi, thanks for the response. I have a pre-facelift. I'm guessing I just need to apply for the beta version then?

Hi all, I have a PFL and have just got the beta version to open exhaust flaps, I’ve found the setting but when I go to save it say make sure car is in sport mode with flaps open, so started car and put in dynamic, stopped car and went to save but comes up with communication error? Tried with car running, and with ignition on with same error? Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, I have a PFL and have just got the beta version to open exhaust flaps, I’ve found the setting but when I go to save it say make sure car is in sport mode with flaps open, so started car and put in dynamic, stopped car and went to save but comes up with communication error? Tried with car running, and with ignition on with same error? Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does the same on the Facelift too. It’s a known issue they have been working on for a month :(

From Carista:

“We will be focusing towards Toyota in the next couple of months, so the update on the exhaust flaps will not come soon. Thanks for your understanding. :)

From Carista:

“We will be focusing towards Toyota in the next couple of months, so the update on the exhaust flaps will not come soon. Thanks for your understanding. :)

Lol

It’s really poor, they have an engaged audience of beta testers ready to make this work and they are not interested.

It surely can’t be that hard to code this right with all of the info on the web about it. Looks like I need to invest in VCDS.. really annoyed I bought one of their dongles now

It’s really poor, they have an engaged audience of beta testers ready to make this work and they are not interested.

It surely can’t be that hard to code this right with all of the info on the web about it. Looks like I need to invest in VCDS.. really annoyed I bought one of their dongles now

Cartisa has its place in the coding product world but unfortunately its only really a viable tool for older vehicles for which the coding has been tried and tested + ripped off from the web. Most of the stuff they have listed for FL 8V's, especially in the beta, are not even compatible with Audi firmware! And because people like myself have stopped posting coding information openly they no longer have "tested" coding to use as their own.

Just got stung by the auto-renew iTunes policy! Anyway, for anyone who wants to know, I tried out the start/stop disable function and it works fine. Not used this is ages, sad to see its not been updated or got any new functions, especially as iv just paid an extra £30 for the year!!

Just got stung by the auto-renew iTunes policy! Anyway, for anyone who wants to know, I tried out the start/stop disable function and it works fine. Not used this is ages, sad to see its not been updated or got any new functions, especially as iv just paid an extra £30 for the year!!

You can speak to apple through their website and have it cancelled and refunded...

Reactions: Ormesome