1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbonio B5 A4 1.8T Cold Air Intake

Phantom_A4 Feb 6, 2006

1. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

Would this be ok to use on a 2.4 v6 model, i know most things from the 1.8t work are the same/similar to it...Also that the standard air filters seem identical. But dont want to buy one, without confirming it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. I don't think it will fit although don't quote me on that...

Take a look at the pictures of it on their website...

http://carbonio.net/a4/a4_b5_intake.php

Interestingly, they also make a carbon fibre engine cover similar to the Forge one but with vents in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

Yea it does look a bit big, the covers do look cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Wish i had a 1.8 engine now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Yea it does look a bit big

[/ QUOTE ]

Big? It looks HUGE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cover looks good too..

[​IMG]

Kev.

5. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

May be this might work better.

[​IMG]

CDA/BMC cold air intake.

6. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

Yea thats what i was going to get originally, but i wanted to see if i could fit the carbonio instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Doesn't look very promising though....It's just that it look so much beefier /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Also is that mounted on your suspension mounts, and is that a custom bit of tubing i see? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. docurley

No it not mounted on the suspension and the only bit of extra kit I have other than the standard fitting kit is the MAF converter from Deemons.

8. And the custom gaffer tape /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I must admit, every time I see that picture I can't help but admire how beastly that engine looks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

They do look cool. not much space for anything else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif....What does the BMC mount on, surely it can't be loose /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. docurley

The fit is so tight that fixxing it is not an issue As the pipe coming off the duct intake takes some bending and it retains it shape.

11. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

Cheers doc! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

12. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

Doc, is that your supercharged 30-valver in the pic?

13. dummi

dummi smoking a6

phantom i have a BMC i have gone of the idea of fitting since i got an oem rs4 airbox

its huge CD ASP 03 , never even fitted and i'm looking for £170 shipped in the uk bmc filter description

if its any use to you pm me

14. docurley

[ QUOTE ]
    Doc, is that your supercharged 30-valver in the pic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that she is.