Carbonio B5 A4 1.8T Cold Air Intake

Phantom_A4

Reaction score
Would this be ok to use on a 2.4 v6 model, i know most things from the 1.8t work are the same/similar to it...Also that the standard air filters seem identical. But dont want to buy one, without confirming it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't think it will fit although don't quote me on that...

Take a look at the pictures of it on their website...

http://carbonio.net/a4/a4_b5_intake.php

Interestingly, they also make a carbon fibre engine cover similar to the Forge one but with vents in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yea it does look a bit big, the covers do look cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Wish i had a 1.8 engine now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yea it does look a bit big

[/ QUOTE ]

Big? It looks HUGE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cover looks good too..

A41.8T_ecover.jpg

Kev.

Yea thats what i was going to get originally, but i wanted to see if i could fit the carbonio instead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Doesn't look very promising though....It's just that it look so much beefier /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Also is that mounted on your suspension mounts, and is that a custom bit of tubing i see? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No it not mounted on the suspension and the only bit of extra kit I have other than the standard fitting kit is the MAF converter from Deemons.

And the custom gaffer tape /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I must admit, every time I see that picture I can't help but admire how beastly that engine looks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They do look cool. not much space for anything else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif....What does the BMC mount on, surely it can't be loose /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The fit is so tight that fixxing it is not an issue As the pipe coming off the duct intake takes some bending and it retains it shape.

phantom i have a BMC i have gone of the idea of fitting since i got an oem rs4 airbox

its huge CD ASP 03 , never even fitted and i'm looking for £170 shipped in the uk bmc filter description

if its any use to you pm me