Carbon wrapped (not roof......yet)

ive done my door blades and i still unsure if they go at all! same colour as yours 2

also done rear valance
427574_10151372962445457_842295456_23231258_839013813_n.jpg

Won't the heat from the exhaust start to melt the wrap or at least bubble it up?

I've pretty much wrapped my car (grille surround, door pillars & window triangles,, and rear strip on bumper, as well as full interior) and I've been in two minds about the rear valance and door strips, but this thread has convinced me...they will be done soon.

I've pretty much wrapped my car (grille surround, door pillars & window triangles,, and rear strip on bumper, as well as full interior) and I've been in two minds about the rear valance and door strips, but this thread has convinced me...they will be done soon.

Excellent :) how did you get that little bumper strip off the rear? Does the bumper need to come off?

The bumper strip comes off with a bit of effort.
Use a flat screwdriver covered in cloth (I used an old tea towel) and slide in towards the back of the car...not up or you'll end up breaking the holding clips.

As it gets looser, you'll notice it rising a bit, and you can then get your fingers in to start pulling.

Like you say each to there own.

.......... and still want to do my roof so may just get some black trim like what's on the B6 models as I hate Crome alot!

Just a word of warning, having seen roofs done in carbon wrap before.........because of the flat expanse involved its really hard to do without the carbon 'weave' looking bent or wavy, which IMHO then looks wrong. This isn't noticeable on small bits like you've done.

Just a word of warning, having seen roofs done in carbon wrap before.........because of the flat expanse involved its really hard to do without the carbon 'weave' looking bent or wavy, which IMHO then looks wrong. This isn't noticeable on small bits like you've done.

Well said this is exactly why I dont like carbon wrap, when i did my bonnet on my old car the "carbon" weaves seamed to curve and not go straight as proper carbon would.

i suppose if you was really anal about it and took a good length of time to get the lines bang on it would look mint :)

car is looking really well lad, youve deffo bin busy over past few weeks!

Yea I have and enjoyed every second of it but money has just become very tight indeed so will have to go really steady for a bit now, unless an absolute bargain comes up or a nice tidy cheap mod