1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbon Wrap - Spray ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by will-i-a-m, Oct 31, 2010.

1. will-i-a-m

will-i-a-m Member

[Oct 31, 2010]
    I am looking to to either carbon wrap or spray ( black ) my rear diffuser, side mirrors, and the front lip from the cupra. Which do you think would look best ?

( How do i take my rear diffuser off ? is it possible to swap the rear diffuser for the diffuser on the s-line kit ? )

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

[Oct 31, 2010]
    Black paint.

Carbon wrapped mirrors look tacky, they're the sort of thing you'd see on a 14 year old Corsa.
  4. will-i-a-m

will-i-a-m Member

[Oct 31, 2010]
    I was leaning more to the paint anyways, how do i get the rear diffuser off ? and can it be replaced with the sline one ?
  5. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

[Oct 31, 2010]
    The lower section of the bumper is all one piece. Take the bumper off and you'll see a row of clips across the joint, pop the clips and it comes apart, there might be a screw at each end, but that's it. Then it's just a matter of masking the body-coloured section while you (or your chosen painter) spray the rest.

I'm not sure if the S-line one fits, it probably does, but I don't know for certain, I just know that the S3 one doesn't fit anything but S3 bumpers.
  6. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Oct 31, 2010]
    Hi yeah the s-line lower valance will fit. As Mitch said black would look nice or get some one to photoshop the colours on your car. Then decide which one your happy with. Good luck
  7. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep

[Oct 31, 2010]
    i would spray your mirrors too i was going to do mine in carbon but then did them in black i think they look 100% better