1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbon Speed 2.0T FSI Cold Air Intake

DPM Jan 22, 2009

1. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[​IMG]

Carbon Speed 2.0T FSI Cold Air Intake for the A3 8P, S3 8P and TT 8J 2.0T FSI

Replacing the factory air box, this CAI kit gives a typical increase in torque of over 10% with an airflow increase of approximately 50% over the factory system.

Comes complete with a full fitting kit and oil-free Pipercross performance air filter.

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/a3-8p-engine-c-1924_1941_2138.html

Damian @ DPM

2. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

Any RR figures comparison on this?

What gains would I see with this + std exhaust?

Would you get a `fruitier` sound when pushing on?

What is the total cost inc. fitting , filter cone ?

Will I need my REVO Stage 1 map changed/updated?

Will the engine cover stay in place?

Cheers

Paul

3. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

No RR figures on these yet as we've only just started doing them but Carbon Speed say around a 10% increase in torque and 50% increase in airflow. Yeah you get a nice deep note with these and a panel filter is included in the kit for £199 with fitting at £30. You shouldn't need to change your Revo and the standard engine cover isn't effected.

Damian @ DPM

4. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

Hey up Paul

I think the answers are:

1. Search on here for "Carbonio" - I think they are the same unit. Jamiekip had one if I remember rightly.
    2. A bit but not much from what I've read
    3. Nil - just a couple of screws required so DIY. There is no cone filter with these.
    4. No
    5. Yes

5. gr1zly

gr1zly Member

I've got Carbonspeed Intake only think that I had noticed is sound that's all.... :)