Carbon Fibre in S3

6monthcarman

Reaction score
Not so long back i posted regarding carbon fibre steering wheel and interior parts (where piano black normally is) on an S3 i was looking at buying, i believe i have found the same car up for sale but the photos arent that great, but you can make out the steering wheel.
Nice car at a good price but the miles are high. It was up for sale for £16495 at listers stratford and now considerably less.
8 down up for 13995 at SandHMotors

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/car...t=1&photo=1

Yeah I see what you mean.

Looks cool [image]http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=175791206[/image]

Got the feeling last time that no-one believed me because it had not been seen before!

It is a well specced up S3 for that money, it is an import though.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the wheel is perforated leather. RS4 or S-line A4.

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

No its carbon fibre.

Rare yes even the description says this on the write up for the car. Remember i went to look at this car back in september and saw it with my own eyes.

It is perforated leather with carbon inserts too, ive seen one on an RS4 in germany and believe they were an option in germany for the S3 too.

S3Int1.jpg

Yes, that confirms what i just said: Perforated leather with carbon inserts! Looks good!

there must be part numbers then somewhere for the dashboard inserts???

interesting seeing that pic... few things I've spotted!

- Do all post facelift cars have the lights in the drivers side airvent?

- you can clearly see why the gear gaitor surround I bought would fit between pre and post face lift, pre facelift is lower down set into the centre looks like the whole lower centre is different on facelift cars.

do like the steering wheel etc... shame it doesn't show the doors in the pics, are the piano black bits on the doors carbon too?

Thats wicked. Got to be part numbers around for them somewhere. What about the door sections ? Are they carbon too ?

Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
can u get that in brushed aluminium? id prefer that to the curretn black

[/ QUOTE ]

now that could be good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thats wicked. Got to be part numbers around for them somewhere. What about the door sections ? Are they carbon too ?

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep

carbons3.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can u get that in brushed aluminium? id prefer that to the curretn black

[/ QUOTE ]

now that could be good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ive been searching the web for it but cant find it! it must be out there somewhere

has anyone tried having a good look on etka yet? If not I'll have a look tonight or over the weekend as I really like those bits, problem is it's mean changing the whole centre consol in my car... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

So no-one's found the part numbers yet?

They'd be easy to swap over - they all just unclip (if done with due care and attention).

I would be interested in the Carbon bits if they are on ETKA and if anyone has the part numbers?

I have the parts codes for the vavona wood ones at home - I'll see if I can get a chance to dig them out. They should be very similar.

send pics to vagparts, they love finding this sort of thing.

beware the piano black bits are horrendously expensive, so carbon ones will be equally extortionate i would guess.

[ QUOTE ]

beware the piano black bits are horrendously expensive, so carbon ones will be equally extortionate i would guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I recently paid £25.68+VAT just for a replacement piano black ashtray lid!

I'd guess that it would cost a couple of hundred quid to re-do all the inlays.