1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbon fibre DTM spoiler, any idea on best way to fit? Tigerseal or 3M tape?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Beni786, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Beni786

Beni786 Member

I've got an SE model in dolphin grey and thought this carbon fibre dtm spoiler will look the dogs b's!

But not sure of the best way to fit it on, any advice please?

I'm worried the 3M tape will come loose over time once water gets in, not to mention the freezing winter months! And tigerseal, I'm sure it will do the job but if I was to decide to remove the spoiler it will destroy my paintwork!!
  2. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member

I used 3M tape to put a spoiler on my old B6, was on for three years though all weathers, no issues and was rock solid when the car was sold on.

Mac
  3. Beni786

Beni786 Member

Thanks mac, I think 3M is going to be the way forward!! Will try and get some pics up once on
  4. ChrisFurlong

ChrisFurlong Avantageous

Is it the replica spoiler from eBay? If so, it comes with 3M tape attached already. I only used that and that things not coming off in a hurry!
    Macdoon likes this.
  5. Beni786

Beni786 Member

Yes it is from eBay, hzaltezza but there was no tape on it!! Not sure y, I did expect sum tape on it!!
  6. ChrisFurlong

ChrisFurlong Avantageous

Oh I got a different one than that. Mine came from China and I bought it off eBay.com

Post some pics up when it's done