Car won't start

Davis_2012

Reaction score
My 2007 Audi a3 2.0 tdi won't start just says on the screen EPS alert. What is this?

are you sure that battery isn't empty? as you get esp fault message when it won't start.

99% battery dead. happened to me few days ago. try jump starting it.

Reactions: Davis_2012
Yeah I've jump started it and it works what sort of price do batteries cost? Where's the best place? How about going to Audi?

D,

got mine from Amazon a few weeks ago, just search on Varta E44. Should cost £80ish delivered.

S

Been doing some voltage checks on the battery, when the cars running the voltage is normal at approx 13 volts then when the cars off the voltage discharges down to around 9 volts. Would you agree this is the alternater discharging the battery???

Scott

I would say that your battery has went into deep discharge and that some cells are defunct. Your 13V is your alternator running and trying to charge up the battery, but if it is gone inside, which looks like it, then you'll never chargevit up.

The battery is probably 5 yrs old and depending on its lifestyle it is not uncommon to change or a new one. The one I will say is that the Varta E44 is a higher spec unit than the one that's in the car at the moment and will be a huge difference in power delivery and running.

It has been well documented here on ASN, do not hesitate and get one!

S

Yeah sounds about right, well it's gonna go into my local Audi tomorrow to have some checks done to find the fault

It's up to you D but you'll probably get hit with a cost for fault finding then they will fit a standard battery at a ridiculous price.

It's literally a 10 minute job to change the battery, if you order one online and get someone to fit it it will save you a few quid. You will also get a high spec battery which will not let you down again.

It's your choice mate...would be good to see what Audi say I suppose.

Good Luck!

S

Just got my car back from Audi, after thinking it was the altenater it did just turn out to be the battery. Audi didn't tell me before about a charge and then as you said bammmm there's a charge of £45 for doing a battery drain test. But all good just got a Bosch battery with 4 years warranty for £70 which ain't too shabby :)

great you got it sorted mate. i also bought bosh battery as old one was done. now it starts immediately.

Just got the problem now my air condition is set to Fahrenheit but I want it in Celsius, how do I do this?

Scott

use the DIS, go to the settings and go to units. there you can change it from °C to °F and reverse.

central display, between the dials?