1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Washing - Pressure Washer Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by jonnyboy77, Jan 21, 2010.

1. jonnyboy77

jonnyboy77 New Member

[Jan 21, 2010]
    Hi

I'm looking at getting a pressure washer, solely for keeping the car clean and I'm hoping to keep the cost down <£100. So far I have looked at the smallest:

Karcher K219 at £50 (Tesco)

and also:

Karcher K291 Pressure Washer at £70 (Halfords on sale)

But not sure is either of these are really suitable?

Any advice appreciated, once I have this aspect sorted the extensive details on the PB site seem to fill in any remaining blanks (and some!).

Thanks

Jon
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. neild92

neild92 New Member

[Jan 21, 2010]
  4. jonnyboy77

jonnyboy77 New Member

[Jan 23, 2010]
    thanks, I'm looking at the Nilfisk washers now ...
  5. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

[Jan 23, 2010]
    That looks quite good, but what is it you have to look at?Is it the motor power, the water flow, the bar...etc.I had a cheapo champion that i had from my father in law....apart from leaking it was great<It would take your skin off if you wernet careful.But the frost got it, so i replaced it with a karcher 4.130 that i got from buy and queue in the sale reduced from 199 to 85!.I can piss with more force than this bag of ****.the vario lance is less than useless, and the dirtblaster is more like a dust buster.Only works well with my PA foam lance.So if this karcher is ****, god knows what the less 'powerful' ones are like.Id go by recommendation if you can, and i dont recommend karcher.
  6. jonnyboy77

jonnyboy77 New Member

[Jan 25, 2010]
    I found the Nilfisk C120 on sale with a lot of accessories at Amazon. So I might go for that if the wife will approve it ;)

Thanks

Jon
  7. jonnyboy77

jonnyboy77 New Member

[Jan 28, 2010]
    Went for the Nilfisk C.120 from Amazon. Not had chance to use it yet, hopefully this weekend.
  8. head

head Member

[Jan 30, 2010]
    m8 i just bought a halfords pw for £32.99 it was half price.it got a great reveiw on the clean your car website (www.cleanyourcar.co.uk) i avent ad a chance to use it yet as im going to get a foam lance first.