1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car value

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Dannyhall, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Dannyhall

Dannyhall Member

[Dec 13, 2011]
    Was wondering what type of mods effect the value in a negative way

I've done a single grille conversion
    18 Genuine S3 wheels

And was wondering if a RNS-e would affect it?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. crunchie

crunchie Active Member

[Dec 13, 2011]
    I'd change the wheels for some S-Line ones. RNS-E is always a good step tho!
  4. Dannyhall

Dannyhall Member

[Dec 13, 2011]
    I was just wondering abiut the RNS because i hate my concert! Surely the single grille makes it more desirable then the split? .. When i come to swapping cars next year or the year after i'l change the wheels round, i want to lower it because the new wheels make the ride less coumfy and i feel too high, but i'm sure the dealership won't like a car lower than standard?
  5. cloughy

cloughy Member

[Dec 13, 2011]
    keep the mods OEM and the car will be far easier to sell come sale time and command a better price

MY09 or MY11 rear lights are a good upgrade
  6. c_w

c_w Active Member

[Dec 13, 2011]
    Using S-Line springs and it'll lower it OEM style which looks good, not too low. S3 wheels are a really disappointment IMO, they just look to fussy to me!! I think AUDI got it just right with the old RS6 style 18s for the 2005-on Sline, but then the newer S-Line 18s also look nice.
  7. DaveyB

DaveyB No misfires.

[Dec 13, 2011]
    Too fussy?

Are you serious? they are probably the least fussy wheels in the whole range.
  8. Dannyhall

Dannyhall Member

[Dec 13, 2011]
    I had the choice of upgrading to sLine wheels for 250 with rubber, in my opinion they're just too common and nothing special really, i prefer the look the S3 wheels give it, looks cleaner and more of an eye turner than basic, how much do sLine springs go for?
  9. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

[Dec 13, 2011]
    to be fair, although 'upgrading' a car is good, the money spent you very rarely get back but that's not why we do it! The amount of money I've spent on cars over the years doesn't bear thinking about but it's all about the enjoyment and learning along the way! Oh and those wheels seem pretty good for that money especially with tyres, why don't you get them and then powder coat them something like gun metal grey to make them different? S3 wheels are nice, granted but the s line ones are nice too, and when sprayed/powder coated would look even better..!
  10. Dannyhall

Dannyhall Member

[Dec 13, 2011]
    It's more so the fact of devalue with some mods, i never look to make the money back just rather it not lose value to a mod which is why i'm going fully OEM, yeah they're both nice wheels, i'm trying to focus on interior abit now, looks abit basic, how do you feel about silver carbon trims?
  11. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

[Dec 13, 2011]
    S3 wheels look good I think.... Can you make you sig pic a bit bigger lol???
  12. 1inchpunch

1inchpunch Member

[Dec 13, 2011]
    As long as you don't go mental with spoilers, big flames up the sides and home made **** stuck on all over the place it won't make one bit of difference if you plan to trade the car. You mentioned the dealer not liking certain mods. I think 4 years old is the max that most Audi dealers will put on their forecourt so they will either sell the car off to another dealer or more likely auction it.

It's a different case if you are going to sell it privately. Certain OEM mods such as RNS-E may add a bit of value but it will almost always be easier to sell and more profitable to return the car to standard, sell it like that and flog the mods off else where.
  13. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Dec 13, 2011]
    :lmfao:
    Was thinking the same when i saw it last night but couldnt be a*$ed to log in :laugh:
    You selling the car Danny?
  14. Dannyhall

Dannyhall Member

[Dec 13, 2011]
    Haha i have no pc or laptop at the minute and having to use my iphone, so can't cut down the size of the picture and it won't let me change it! I'm not yet but next year i might start looking about, i like the look of 3 series coupe, not sure on which model like. Just curious at the minute, enjoying my audi for the time being!