1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Valuation? is this right?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by deano16v, Mar 29, 2005.

1. deano16v

deano16v Member

i just ran a Glass car valuation on my car as i was interested to see what it was worth. the figure it gave me was a hell of a lot more than i thought it would be. Its a facelift 00 A4 TDi 110 with a few extras (cruise control etc). Its got a full audi history and is in pretty mint condition even if i do say so myself. its high mileage for its age but you'd never know by looking at or driving it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What do you guys who know what you're talking about reckon it would be worth? its on a V and i got told when i bought it it was an SE model. its got the sports wheels and suspension package too.

Cheers
  2. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

Not using any reference material, taking a pure guess... £6K?

Kev.
  3. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

Ah... I'm talking private sale price there too... depends on if you mean dealer price, private or trade in of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Kev.
  4. deano16v

deano16v Member

yeah, the valuation gives you 4 prices. trade in excellent/trade in fair/trade in poor and private sale. the reason i was shocked to be honest with you is that all but the trade in poor price were more than what i paid for it and the private sale price is a hell of a lot more than i paid for it. Tempted to sell it now and buy another one with less miles
  5. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

Just coz glass guide says a price dosent mean you'll get that!
    Mine was valued at around 9k and i paid 5k for it, W reg 2000 1.8 turbo quattro sport with recaros etc, mint with higher millage.

Cheers

Derek
  6. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

What mileage have you got on it Derek? Interested due to the low price you paid, aslo interested in the reliability after the remap at higher mileages.

Kev.
  7. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

102k motorway miles mostly
  8. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

Hopefully it will be reliable and wont break /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  9. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

Yeah! *touch wood* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I do fairly high mileage and the car already has 75K on it, just can't help thinking that a remap just might help it go bang sooner rather than later.

Kev.
  10. deano16v

deano16v Member

mines on 150k is a diesel though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif so doesnt matter so much