Car Supermarkets

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi guys, my Dad is looking to buy a brand new Merc C-Class, no amount of persuation(sp?) is going to get him to buy an Audi - groan
Any suggestions as to where to look online for the best offers on one of these, or am I best to go to a dealer and haggle like mad?
There's no part exchange aswell in this deal, but I do get to borrow it every now and then.

The title suggests the possibility of going to car supermarkets...NO NO NO, customer service nightmare.

I have had two cars from Carland in Glasgow, the first car I bought from them continually stalled when idling and when I got it independantly checked I found out the car had had unrecorded front end accident damage that had been fixed cosmetically but was no longer as structuraly sound as it should have been, when contacted they put me through to a call centre in Birmingham and day after day for about a month they refused to do anything about it.

The 2nd was from the same supermarket who sold me a Golf GTi, I specifically said I wanted a 16v model so they told me they had one in stock, looked at the car....looked great.

The paperwork stuck to the window showing mileage, model etc said it was a 16v model.

I found it very slow and TBH a very dull car to drive so took it to my local VW dealer who conformed it was an 8v model.

A few phonecalls later and as threat of going to trading standards they would only reimburse me 1000 pound as they said this was the difference between the two models, even though I no longer wanted the car and wanted a refund.

Ended up selling it and got a Ford Puma from a ford dealer, No hassles and a brilliant wee car!

Jo you sure you cant get him to get an Audi, if he does, i know someone at Solihull that may be able to sort you out a good deal...

Jo you sure you cant get him to get an Audi, if he does, i know someone at Solihull that may be able to sort you out a good deal...

100% mate, he wasn't keen on me purchasing the S3.... actually, I brought it without telling him, and just turned up outside in it haha.

I got my first A3 new from a car supermarket called trade sales in slough - it was an import but still came with a audi warranty (2 years) and i saved about £4500 off the list price at a stealers.

I don't think they sell new cars anymore judging by their website but they have quite a few C classes in with relatively small miles on them (although i'd be worried why someone wants to get rid of a merc with under 10k on it - maybe a demonstrator or ex fleet car?)

Heres a link to their current stock:

http://www.trade-sales.co.uk/search.aspx?Make=Mercedes-Benz&Model=C-Class&Srch=1

hope it helps

Mike

If you want to go to the dealer, try using www.drivethedeal.co.uk, specify the car you want, take a screenshot and print it our to take along to the dealer, or just order it from there. If it's lower than the whatcar target price anyway.

I was going to say drivethedeal as well, my uncle used it recently and ended up getting a cracking deal, just by saying this is what he can get off them.....worth a try