1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

car stereo head

cabgordy Jul 17, 2010

1. cabgordy

cabgordy New Member

i own a 04 1.8t cabriolet quattro and its comes with a double head unit tape player at the bottom hlf and 6 disc cd player the top half as i dont have the keys to remove it can anyone tell if its got a cd changer port round the back so i can get a gadget to plug my iphone in to it maybe thanks

2. xs2man

xs2man Member

It will have the port, but you will have to decide whether you want to keep the 6 disc or use the ipod.

I got a wee radio transmitter from Asda for £8 that does the trick if you want to keep the 6 disc...

3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

it's symphony unit so it has built-in 6 disk changer, if you add the Ipod connector the 6 disk changer will still work, just the IPod uses CD 7 -12. you can get the keys from ebay, or a member on here may be able to help if you post your location.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

£3.35 here for the 4 pins needed for a double din >>link<<

5. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

double-DIN, I smell a RNS-e upgrade opportunity (then you'll have 2 x SD cards!)....

6. cabgordy

cabgordy New Member

sorted it today i got a cheap fm trans from the market £10 works mint

7. paul_r

paul_r Member

Hi
    I am looking to do the same thing. I have a 2005 A3with a 6cd changer and tape player (btw the cd player is playing up, but thats another thing).

The CD player is Audi Symphony. What will i need to do to use an ipod. Preferably i'd like a permanent connected one in my glovebox.