Car sold now have seller issue

dc240969

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
l recent advertised my car for sale. l had a few offers which where lower than the asking price. In all cases l told them l would agree to meet their price but only if l removed the service plan that l still would be paying for. Most said no. One guy came back to me saying he had x amount and l told him l would remove the plan he again said no and we went our ways. He came back to me and said he wanted to see the car. He came looked at it, and said deal. We went to the bank and paid the agreed sum. Money in the bank, document exchanged and car sold. l later reminded him of the road tax no transferable new regulations, which he replied he was aware of. l then reminded him of the service plan. He then kicked off to that effect. l have the email trail that states the removal. How do l stand.

Cars sold, end of, you have documents to prove so leave it at that.

Reactions: Nilz and voorhees
As said above. It's not your car, you have the money. There's usually 2 sides to every story, as long as you're giving an honest account of what happened then I don't see what the problem is

Yeah I would say your in the right as you have been honest. Who wouldn't pay the little extra for the service plan anyway!! Mad!

Agreed with the above, car is sold, you have a email trail to back it up, no longer an issue.

His issue now. You agreed a price without the plan included and he agreed. His mistake, not yours.

Cheers. l spoke to Citizens Advice and a Lawyer, both came to the same conclusion. l haven't heard from the bloke since his last mail.

Reactions: Scottyg
Think he was just trying it on. Unless the sale specifically included the service plan then it's not going to be included.