1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car + Snow + Kids = Hand marks ALL over car

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by a3_dan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. a3_dan

a3_dan Member

[Dec 16, 2009]
    Hi folks,

As you might guess from the title, its been snowing here and no doubt we have more to come, and my car sits on the side of the road all week, and i live near a park and not far from a school, so im just waiting to get all those horrible little kids around the area walking past my car and wiping there hands all over my body work to make snowblls or write stuff in the snow on my panels!! ARGHHHHHHHH

So, what i really want to find out is, will this wreck my paint work? And what can i do against this, other than hide my car somewhere!! :banghead:

Also, Im going to have gritters driving past my car soon, arghhhhh i hate this time of the years weather!!!

:sob:
  2. Clark@Polishedbliss

Clark@Polishedbliss Professional Detailer

[Dec 17, 2009]
    Depends how dirty the car is underneath really mate, fingers crossed if it happens then you may just get away with some marring in the paint which can be easily removed even by hand.

Get out there with the hair dryer so there's no snow on the car for them to play with!:icon_thumright:
  3. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

[Dec 17, 2009]
    Connect your car to a 240 Volt plug socket in the house. They'll only touch it once....
  4. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

[Dec 17, 2009]
    I would seriously consider a good car cover.Or drop some fish hooks on the snow.
  5. a3_dan

a3_dan Member

[Dec 17, 2009]
    I will try and keep the car clean in that case, although its hard around this time of the year huh. :cold:

haha that would be something i would love to see! ZAP!!

I always thought car covers were bad for our paint work?
  6. johnnythepie

[Dec 17, 2009]
    my cover is very soft inside, and any marks that appear are that slight that a quick rub (ooeer) will sort out.I learnt my lesson with leaving the car for a fortnight in the summer at an airport hotel near a lime tree.Ouch.It breathes but keeps out the ****.
  7. a3_dan

a3_dan Member

[Dec 17, 2009]
    where did you get yours from? I like the sound of this little duvet for my car!
  8. johnnythepie

[Dec 18, 2009]
    Lol.I wouldnt say it was a duvet!Its obviously nylonish, but the inside is very slippery and non scratch if you can imagine.I got it off ebay its called a voyager by cover-zone...heres thier website
    http://www.cover-zone.com/
  9. johnnythepie

[Dec 18, 2009]
    but it was much cheaper on ebay.Just checked on ebay, none for an A3 at the mo for the same brand