Car seams greasy

vr6gordy

Reaction score
After snow foaming car and washing and then poor boys black hole with dodo juice over top ... When I parked in the sunshine today I saw loads of greasy sweals ... Is it that I got to much polish on now ..will lime prime knock it back so I get rid of the greasy sweals ??????

Usually means that either you've put too much polish/wax/sealant on it, or that you've not given one of them time to cure properly (not usually a problem in winter) or haven't removed them properly.

I tend to find it's a combination of putting too much on, and not removing properly (it's quite hard to remove when there's a lot, as you just end up smearing it round). Get a couple of microfibres and remove as much as you can, then wash again until you're sure most of it is removed and re-apply LIGHTLY. You need a lost less wax/sealant etc than most people expect - it goes a long way.

If it's really stubborn then a small amount of white spirit apparently removes it well - although I'm wary of putting it on my paintwork. Auto Glym fast glass removes it too, and is much less dangerous for your paint - so if you really can't get it removed then I'd give a quick spray on a cloth for each panel, then rinse thoroughly, re-wash and re-apply sealant.

I never put loads on when I apply wax ,,, polish cos the more you put on the harder to remove fact my friends say to me is that all your putting on as I hardley use any I'm maybe thinking I've not left it long enough

Got the problem sorted today I got some poor boys ssr2 and the got my machine polisher out ... On with a white hex pad and no more swirls... Must ssr2 is awesome stuff I was gonna get some dodo lime prime but they had sold out just about to leave when I spotted the poor boys ssr2 only had time to do one side of the car do other side tomorrow if its not raining

It might not have needed more polishing. It's quite common to get a bit of greasiness/smearing after applying wax. I usually find that after the next wash my car looks better than when I waxed it because of this.

i don't tend to use too much product either, in fact I think I'm quite frugle with the products....

I've found since using Project32 after my waxing that I have less of this problem too.