1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car seams greasy

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by vr6gordy, Feb 28, 2013.

1. vr6gordy

vr6gordy Well-Known Member

[Feb 28, 2013]
    After snow foaming car and washing and then poor boys black hole with dodo juice over top ... When I parked in the sunshine today I saw loads of greasy sweals ... Is it that I got to much polish on now ..will lime prime knock it back so I get rid of the greasy sweals ??????
  2. audigex

audigex Active Member

[Mar 1, 2013]
    Usually means that either you've put too much polish/wax/sealant on it, or that you've not given one of them time to cure properly (not usually a problem in winter) or haven't removed them properly.

I tend to find it's a combination of putting too much on, and not removing properly (it's quite hard to remove when there's a lot, as you just end up smearing it round). Get a couple of microfibres and remove as much as you can, then wash again until you're sure most of it is removed and re-apply LIGHTLY. You need a lost less wax/sealant etc than most people expect - it goes a long way.

If it's really stubborn then a small amount of white spirit apparently removes it well - although I'm wary of putting it on my paintwork. Auto Glym fast glass removes it too, and is much less dangerous for your paint - so if you really can't get it removed then I'd give a quick spray on a cloth for each panel, then rinse thoroughly, re-wash and re-apply sealant.
  3. vr6gordy

[Mar 1, 2013]
    I never put loads on when I apply wax ,,, polish cos the more you put on the harder to remove fact my friends say to me is that all your putting on as I hardley use any I'm maybe thinking I've not left it long enough
  4. vr6gordy

[Mar 1, 2013]
    Got the problem sorted today I got some poor boys ssr2 and the got my machine polisher out ... On with a white hex pad and no more swirls... Must ssr2 is awesome stuff I was gonna get some dodo lime prime but they had sold out just about to leave when I spotted the poor boys ssr2 only had time to do one side of the car do other side tomorrow if its not raining
  5. Alan H

Alan H Need a V8 or Bi-Turbo.......

[Mar 2, 2013]
    It might not have needed more polishing. It's quite common to get a bit of greasiness/smearing after applying wax. I usually find that after the next wash my car looks better than when I waxed it because of this.

i don't tend to use too much product either, in fact I think I'm quite frugle with the products....

I've found since using Project32 after my waxing that I have less of this problem too.