1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car may have already been chipped, how do I know and what do I do?!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Cossie_boy, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Cossie_boy

Cossie_boy Member

[Aug 27, 2007]
    Hi all,

I was due to have my A3 chipped by Simon at Upsolute on Sat, being a later car it was going to be done with the serial port. For some reason the lap top could not read the file on the ecu, kept saying turn ingnition on but was already on, so it appears it may have been chipped or re-mapped before. Being a one owner car I contacted the person I bought it from but he is adamant that it has not been touched.

The car drives as standard, Simon drove it and agreed with this. So it would seem if it has been chipped, it has then been put back into valet mode or standard. The car is punchy but not fast as such, hitting 60 in 7.8 secs, so about right really.

Worst case scenario it will have to be chipped by removing ECU, annoyingly it has a bracket holding it down that they donÂ’t usually have, grrrr!

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything similar and what they did?!?

Cheers

Dave
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Aug 27, 2007]
    Er you should try posting in the 8L forum, that might help :icon_thumright:
  4. Cossie_boy

Cossie_boy Member

[Aug 27, 2007]