Car keeps cutting out.....

Gooner

Reaction score
Hi All

My friend has a 1999 'V' plate Audi A3 1.8T with 112k on the clock. It has suddenly developed a problem where it cuts out on the approach to junctions. Its fine aslong you turn the ignition and start it again. Now i have had it scanned by a VAG technician and no faults are shown. We have had all sensors replaced, throttle bodies cleaned, a full service and have now just had the injectors cleaned (including filters) and its still cutting out.

Just wondered if anyone else could shed some light ?

Many Thanks

I once had a similar problem on a car which turned out to be crank position sensor. But because its intermittant its hard to flag a fault. Checked the condition of the coilpacks? not sure if this would give these symptoms but does sound like an ignition error.

Mine was doing this when it had a K&N cone filter on it. Was sucking in hot air and couldn't adjust the mixture quick enough when I was dropping to idle.

Thanks for the responses so far.......the car has been fine for the past 3 years so i think we can rule out the Air Filter. It does have a huge stainless steel exhaust on it which i thought might not be helping either...! Is the crank position sensor easy to check ? or the coilpacks ?

Mnay Thanks