1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CAR INSURANCE( NURBURGRING)

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by t&biskits, Jun 1, 2008.

1. t&biskits

t&biskits it`s all black

HAS ANYBODY TRIED TO FIND OUT ABOUT CAR INSURANCE FOR THE `NURBURGRING`?. EITHER THROUGH YOUR OWN INSURER`S POLICY OR PURCHASING INDEPENDANT. ALSO DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANYONE MAKING A CLAIM ON THEIR INSURANCE.
    MY CAR INSURANCE ONLY STIPULATE`S NO `RACING OR RALLYING`, THE RING IS A TOLL ROAD & IT HAS SPEED LIMITS(IN PLACES), THIS IS JUST TO GET AN IDEA OF WHICH WAY TO GO, CARRY ON USING THE S3 OR PURCHASE A `RING CAR?`.
    CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.:think:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DiscoPanda

DiscoPanda Member

My car insurance specifically mentions on the certificate that using the Nurburgring is a big no no. They aren't stupid - they know its not a toll road :) I'd imagine you'd need to take out special insurance and take the S3.

4. richs2891

richs2891 I cant spell !

Ok just to throw another idea into the pot - the carI hired in Germany didnt mention anything about not been covered to drive around the ring ! Worked out cheaper to get a flight (was staying with friends anyway) and hire a car and do the ring in a 540i BMW, instead of driving to Germany and doing it in my own car.

Richard

5. DiscoPanda

DiscoPanda Member

You mention just getting a "ring car". Keep in mind the insurance isn't just for you and your car - you need to pay if you damage the barriers and that isn't cheap!

I'd be wary of the hire car agreement for the same above reasons.