1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Head Unit

tonybolony Aug 29, 2013

1. tonybolony

tonybolony Member

So my Bose Unit display has gone a bit tits up, and so has the volume dial, so i think i will change it, I am not looking to spend a fortune, and also an ipod dock would be good.

Is there anything i have to avoid etc, as the more i own this car the more i find some things are not compatible etc :)

Getting excited though as my car is nearly complete the way i want it

2. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

Single or double din?
    Want to go aftermarket or stick with Audi?

3. tonybolony

tonybolony Member

sorry, yeah i have a single Din , No Aftermarket will do me fine

4. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

it all depends on what you want from a head unit and the price you're willing to pay.

I had a Sendai unit from halfords worked a treat, paid about £100 and it had USB, Aux, BT, MP3, WMA, CD and radio.

5. tonybolony

tonybolony Member

coll will take a look, my worry was i get a aftermarket and it somehow upsets my car :)

6. ScottD3

You got bose?

I'm not sure how well a aftermarket will work with bose or if you need to rewire it.

I know with a Audi unit for your car it will bolt in and all you got to do is change it to bose via VCDS.

7. tonybolony

tonybolony Member

Ahh see i knew it wouldnt be straight forward, nothing is with this car lol :-/

whole point of changing it now its a bit kaput, was to get something that i can use my ipod on, and am guessing there are no single din ipod units by audi or if they are they cost like a small bank loan

8. ScottD3

xcarlink is your best option.
    It plugs in to the cd changer port on the back and you can control your ipod via it.

9. tonybolony

tonybolony Member

awesome, thankyou