1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car gone into limp mode

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Chris-gsxr, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Chris-gsxr

Chris-gsxr Member

Just driving home and felt a lack of power then a yellow glow plug warning light started flashing at me. Took it to the local garage but their fully booked until Thursday. Not really sure what to do now. Any suggestions/ideas what could be the problem? I have a photo but the forum won't let me post it on tapatalk.
    (09 a3 sline sport back)

Thanks in advance for any reply.
    Chris.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  2. Fenriz

Fenriz Member

Have you got breakdown cover, had than happen on a previous A4 I had. Turned out it was a faulty ignition coil, phoned up breakdown and they took me straight to a garage and had it replaced for just over £50

Hope its something as simple as that.
  3. Chris-gsxr

Chris-gsxr Member

Hi mate. I just altered the original post as I found out what light it is. Sadly no brake down cover
  4. Tay

Tay Member

If you can't get it into a garage until Thursday, ask a local VCDS user to come out to you and scan it. They may be able to find the problem, and it may be quicker and cheaper for you to get a part and fit yourself, especially if its something like coil packs/spark plugs.
  5. @udi A3

@udi A3 Active Member Site Sponsor

where is the op located?