car gone in today for a bit of work

matt summers

Reaction score
My 57 plate 170 tdi avant gone it today for some bits and pieces, cam belt, water pump, check and clean of carbon deposits, fresh oil filter and fuel, re map! cant wait to get it back later, the garage have loaned me a 56 plate polo and its defo no audi hahaha

Hahhaha Matt, aye the Polo is a slightly lighter feel! hahaha Good luck and I am sure you'll notice a difference after good soot clean out!

Cheers
A

yes im quite excited to "feel" the difference, just not the bill hhahaha

drives spot on fair play, a lot more smooth and the fun from 2500 to 4000 revs is much increased ;-) happy chappy
had a new cambelt water pump and full service at the same time new fuel filter etc ;-)

drives spot on fair play, a lot more smooth and the fun from 2500 to 4000 revs is much increased ;-) happy chappy
had a new cambelt water pump and full service at the same time new fuel filter etc ;-)

Nice one....well that you sorted for year or so.....Good time of year for a service too, now it's getting a bit chillier. Enjoy Matey!

Did you have it dyno'd?

My 170 had a fair amount of turbo lag which was reduced massively by a remap. Found I didn't have to drop it down a gear in a lot of circumstances whereas I did before.

didn't get it dynod but didn't go for a big power curve aimed for a more linear delivery of power, I know what u meant about the lag all good now

Is your DPF still intact ? I heard that keeping it in and remapping will greatly reduce the life of the Filter

I kept the egr intact and the the dpf for now just had the egr cleaned out, if I removed the egr at some point then I will have to get the guts of the dpf removed as well to prevent said blockage ;-)