Car Garage Issues!

stevehall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I am having a right stress at the moment with a local body shop, and using this for advice and also to vent my thoughts and frustration before I end up in trouble. :busted_cop:

I have a 2005 2.0T FSI Quattro, and I love the car to bits back in November 2008 some guy in a sprinter ran into the back of me in London, Was not to bad, nice low speed and just a few dents here and there. As my car is insured through my employer I thought no big worry and I gave them a call and they arranged to get it booked into the local garage they use, but I also got the option of going to another garage if I wanted, but I thought no I will stick with the company one as they send a lot of cars there and have a good relationship. Car went in and had all the work done, no problems.

Then in December some one scratched the car down the full length of the car, so a quick call to into work and they said take it up to the garage and they will sort it.

This is where all the problems started….. They did the job, well half the job – as the quote said the scratch was only on the two doors, that’s all they did, and they left a massive patch on the passenger door that they had not polished up so it had a horrible finish. The car came back with an extra 20 miles on, and I got the comment of how fast the car was…

Then a few days after this the paint on the back started to chip away, so I called work with these faults and they said not a problem, call up at the garage and they will sort it. So off I went, only to be told by the garage I had damaged the car, and that there is never anything wrong with there paint jobs. Eventually they agreed that as the company was a big customer they would take the car in and sort it all out, but I had to call back in a few weeks when they were quiet and could fit it in.

The car went in on 9th March, and it was supposed to be finished on Thursday, then it moved to Friday and then it moved to this morning, then when I went this morning it was still not done, so had to go back at 12 to collect it, so off I went… only to find the car still has scratches on it, and was told to come back Friday. But what makes me really mad is how the car is dirty inside with moody foot prints, and there is a burn in the rear ashtray and the car has done 142 more miles than when I dropped it off.

I have spoken to work about these new issues and they will be trying to sort it but how can I prove they have done all this?

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Get in trouble mate!!! It will be very satisfying ;)

But on a serious note, I guess as its going through your work, there isnt much you can do, is it an independant garage or a big brand, if its big brand then kick off about it....

nope its a small 'back street' garage! So gutted that i was given the option to take it to another place but did not take them up on the offer.

Is there anyway this info can be recovered from the car? eg Via VAG-COM? To confirm how many miles its done over X days? Driving Style? Or any other information?

Also, Please can a admin move this into 'Rants'

Dont think you can get that info from VAGCOM, only way you would get that is via a data tracking device - eg Tracker.

Sorry matey.

Thought as much! a little gutted as thought about this after the event, but i took the mileage down before it went in, and now its them against me...

Just hoping for a speeding ticket that way i can have some more ammo!

Just ****** off about the state of it inside, and the burn in the ash tray! They will be getting me a new one!

And they must have put fuel in and i bet they not used super!

If you are worried about the mileage issue, stick a post it note of the noted mileage on your dashboard when you hand the car over, to inform them you have noted it down(They will get the idea when they see it!), it's obviously too late now.
As for the delays on the work, they are just taking the p!ss, I suggest getting your back and getting the work done elsewhere if you are not happy, even if you have to fork out the repairs yourself! There's nothing worse than leaving your car with someone that you don't/no longer trust, ease the stress and get it back.

Report them to the police for unauthorised use, they have in effect stolen your car and used it without your permission.
Name and shame them on all the car forums you have access to. Report them to trading standards. Pay for the work with Amex and then complain to Amex and get the payment refunded.

Or have a word with "the boys" and get them kneecapped :laugh:

Sidi, seriously, will you be my best friend??? :friends:

Jesus m8. Get your spare key and go get your car you of there. Dont pay them a penny and get it done elsewhere

Wibble, I have a newer one, .454 Casull has been added to my list, this is a handgun so powerfull the recoil can detach your retinas :rock: Youtube clip to follow in the next few days.

Niltzy, no worries, but if we are going to swap fluids you need to at least buy me dinner:blush: :lmfao: