Car finance

JayA3sline

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Afternoon ladies & gents

So I've had a 2006 A3 s line and currently own a 2011 S3 black edition. Of course I've seen the new RS3 and want one. I have never owned a brand new car before aways bought second hand as the renown price drop when leaving the forecourt has always gut me. I have always used HP also to finance cars as I liked the set value every month and the ownership at the end of the term. My car currently is roughly worth about £20k. The new RS3 are starting at £40k but of course by the time all the toys are added on and paint specifications where probably looking at closer to £50k. What are people's opinions and recommendations for financing a car which is going to be in excess of £30k after the sale/trade in of my current car? I used a calculator on PCP for an S5 for a similar price compression and with a £17k deposit (audi trade in value for mine) the PCP for 36 months was £135pm with a balloon payment of £22k, 48 months was £190pm. I'd like to think I could save up in excess of £20k over the term but wondering if it'll more practical and beneficial to take HP instead of PCP.

Opinions please

Cheers, J

Well I've always changed my cars every 2/3 years but part of me thinks that if I'm spending over £25k (including my car and monthly payments) then ideally I wouldn't want to just hand the keys back at the end. Maybe re finance at the end of the agreement for the balloon payment. I think if it was brand new then I would be more likely to keep hold of it longer - although I am very head strong and when I want something I keep looking till its on the drive