1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

car-finance.net

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by marriedblonde, Apr 28, 2008.

1. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Apr 28, 2008]
    Morning,

anyone used Car-Finance.net to finance their car? I've bought my wife a new car but the dealers finance offering isn't very good. Car-finanance seem to offer some decent rates. Or has anyone else got a recommendation for a third party finance company?

I'm looking for something with a balloon payment at the end.

Thanks,

J.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

[Apr 29, 2008]
    don't alliance & leicester do loans with balloon payments ? if not straight HP from tesco cannot be beaten
  4. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

[Apr 30, 2008]
    Having worked in corporate asset finance for a couple of years a wee while back arranging vehicle finance was one of my task on behalf companies so got a good grasp on this subject! Did once help an ex-girlfriend sort out her personal finance for a new Audi A4 cab and basically just played a few companies off each other before going back to the dealer with a written quote saying beat this & i'll go with you here & now. The simplest game to play is to ask several different companies for written quotes then doctor the figures if you can to keep driving down the quote. I had one company email me a quote on an excel template so very easy to tweak the figures. Ending up saving a fortune on the inital quote & the Audi dealer were game to quote matching. The other thing was I was open with them saying I worked for Barclays Asset Finance so they would know I couldnt be bullshitted basically! No harm in trying the same tactic with a few companies to drive down the price!
  5. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Apr 30, 2008]
    They used to but I think they stopped that about 4 years ago. Marks and Spencers offer one but they have a top lend limit which isn't enough!

J.
  6. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Apr 30, 2008]
    Hiya,

Thanks for the reply, thats what I was trying but I only managed to get a decent quote from car-finance. Mercedes would move a little on their prices but it was still £3.5K over the term. Audi and BM in the past have price matched but Merc obviously dont need the business!

The lady at Car-finance has been very helpful and I have gone with them. so far recommended!

J.